Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

fitment issues with LG headers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitment issues with LG headers?

I'm going to order some lg headers next week for my 97 c5 does anyone have fitment issues with these or are they badass? Do they hit anywere going of a parking lot or soemthing? Just wondering b4 I buy
Old 06-27-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 35thanniversaryss
I'm going to order some lg headers next week for my 97 c5 does anyone have fitment issues with these or are they badass? Do they hit anywere going of a parking lot or soemthing? Just wondering b4 I buy

My car is pretty low,...and I have yet to hurt the midpipes. I doubt that i'll ever hurt them,...unless I hit some crazy debree,....or a weird bump(doubtful).

Are you installing them yourself?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you plan on installing them yourself then check this out for some install tips: www.ls1howto.com

BTW the only issue i had was getting the bolt hole for the bellhousing mounting tab on the driver-side header to line up. It took a fair amount of effort pulling on the collector to get it lined up. Some say if you loosen up all of the header mounting bolts that the bellhousing mount bolt holes will line up easier. Of course i do things the hard way.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 97C5ENVY
If you plan on installing them yourself then check this out for some install tips: www.ls1howto.com

BTW the only issue i had was getting the bolt hole for the bellhousing mounting tab on the driver-side header to line up. It took a fair amount of effort pulling on the collector to get it lined up. Some say if you loosen up all of the header mounting bolts that the bellhousing mount bolt holes will line up easier. Of course i do things the hard way.

I had the same issue with the fitment on the bellhousing mount. I ended up loosening the mount itself,...and actually notching the header bracket, like a C, no longer a full circle. There was no other way for me. Come to think of it,...I had to do the same thing with my other car, and the LG's.

Still worth it....but yes, it can be a pain in the ***.