Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

test drivin a vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test drivin a vette

alright 19 years old and bout got my truck paid off and gone try to get a 05 vette and i hear of people taken cars home for a weekend to test drive em now i know they wouldnt let me test drive a vette for a weekend but maybe they would someone older? i dont know theres a big difference in a vette and SUVs what do yall think would they let somebody like my grandma test drive one for the weekend?? i hope so cause i'd drive the **** out of it i'm just wonderin if they would do that before we try
Old 07-01-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Aint gonna happen. Good try though
Old 07-01-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

no way in hell.... i found my z06 when i was 19 and the salesman laughed at me when i asked to take it around the block. came back 2 days later with my dad and test drove it then. car was what i expected and more so signed the papers and was on my way. got my vette a day after i turned 20. my dad did get to drive the vette home though but i needed him to even get a salesman to talk to me. the dealerships always let my parents get to take home vehicles, lightning, mustangs gt, suburban and the sierra 3500... the only one they didnt keep was the lightning but at least they got to drive it around to mae the decision
Old 07-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Teching In

^ i wouldnt have bought the car from them. if they dont take me seriously they dont get my business.

i've walked away from a few cars i liked cause they salesman laughed at me or wouldnt come help me, i'd ask for the manager, tell him how they just lost a sale. and go buy the same car somewhere else
Old 07-02-2006, 08:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Put another 20 years under your belt, and take a look from the salesman's shoes though. How many 19-20 yr olds would YOU trust with the keys to a Corvette that they don't own yet? Especially if they don't know you personally.

My answer would be zero. Would you let a 16 yr old kid valet park your new Corvette?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:41 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2006
cause i'd drive the **** out of it
This is exactly why they'd laugh at you. Although many sales people are "ignorant" about many things, they aren't stupid when it comes to kids.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see why you guys are saying what you are, but I personally would not buy a car from a place that wouldn't let me test drive it alone/without a parent.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

im 23 and rolled up in my brothers 1991 honda civic 4door lowered on steelie rims and some ghetto cat back exhaust and walked right up to my vette in jeans and a beat up white tshirt. No one wanted to talk to me until I met a salesmen that actually treated me like I was there to buy. Goodthing he was nice, I wrote a check the next day for the car.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:14 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keliente
I see why you guys are saying what you are, but I personally would not buy a car from a place that wouldn't let me test drive it alone/without a parent.
I would think they'd use their best judgment. Being 23 and getting my first LS1 when I was 20, I've had the looks from several places, but they've usually been pretty cool with me because of the cars I've shown up in. Just by reading what "ChevyBoy" wrote, I can make an assumption of how he presents himself (I'm not talking visually, either).
Old 07-03-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Put another 20 years under your belt, and take a look from the salesman's shoes though. How many 19-20 yr olds would YOU trust with the keys to a Corvette that they don't own yet? Especially if they don't know you personally.

My answer would be zero. Would you let a 16 yr old kid valet park your new Corvette?
yep i wouldnt want to ride along with some newbie behind the wheel of a vette either. i didnt throw the *** end around corners or anything but i did step into the gas in 2nd and 3rd for about 4 seconds. he was pretty cool about it and i used good judgement. we left and came back with my truck i traded in and met a cooler younger salesman. he himself was into cars so it was pretty cool as we chatted it up for over an hour signing papers and getting the money in order. there were only 2 other black z06's at the time i was making the purchase the the other guy(salesman at a different dealer) turned me away... funny thing is he called me back as i was getting into the z i just purchased and i told him to listen to my cool exhaust on my new z. he didnt like that too much
Old 07-04-2006, 03:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

No way that would happen. Its hard enough to test drive them with the dealer in the car.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

alright 19 years old and.. gone try to get a 05 vette.... for a weekend to test drive.....
try some of this, Bob.

do yall think would they let somebody like my grandma test drive one for the weekend?? i hope so cause i'd drive the **** out of it.
that's some good ****, Dave. where'd you get it???

Originally Posted by chris.shea
there were only 2 other black z06's at the time i was making the purchase the the other guy(salesman at a different dealer) turned me away... funny thing is he called me back as i was getting into the z i just purchased and i told him to listen to my cool exhaust on my new z. he didnt like that too much
that's great! I think if it had been me I would have driven the car over to that dealership, made sure I got HIS attention, and pulled an unholy holeshot in front of him.

Last edited by SixPak; 07-04-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Yep, right on

Quick Reply: test drivin a vette