Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

My first GOOD race in my z06

Old 07-21-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My first GOOD race in my z06

So my buddies and I were up at bone daddy's tonight (a great BBQ place in Dallas) And as we left, we noticed a group of ricers at a neighboring restarant. 3 - S2000's left and so we jump on the highway and try to get them to go , and they don't want any. We go about 4 more miles and they exit. We go on about our merry way...

Keep in mind, we're driving a 2002 Yellow Z06 (stock), a 2005 Silver GTO (stock), and a 1999 Camaro Z28 (modded and loud!)

So we are going down the highway, and I look in my rear view and there are a set of HID's. At first I thought one of the S2000's had caught up and wanted to play... oh no, was i "happily mistaken". This set of headlights were about 50 yards behind me and suddenly JUMPED up on my bumper. I hit the gas, got away from the little traffic that was there, moved over to have a LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO pass by me, and he was moving! So i jumped down to the 3rd, and got on his ***. My buddy in the GTO then realized what was going on, got behind me, and my other buddy in the Z28 got behind the GTO...

So this is where it gets interesting...

The Gallardo would jump out ahead, but i would start to catch up to him, and we ran for about 5-7 Miles @ about 140mph (all of us were pretty much in a line)... wow... this makes me love my car more and more every day, but really... and I mean REALLY makes me wish my headers and CAI that are sitting in my garage... were ON my car!

All along this whole time, ANOTHER buddy that was at the restarant with us, and had left considerably earlier than us in his Volkwagon Golf TDI, that we ALL passed doing 140... he was doing 70, said he got to 95 and gave up. lol.

The guy in the Gallardo was pretty cool, he pulled up next to me, and rolled his window down and gave me a big thumbs up. I gave him the same.

Not every day you see exotics like that, that want to play... and play with very stout american muscle!

Last edited by DoesSpeedTurnUon; 07-21-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Banned

All I can say is WOW!!!! I haven't been in a line like that in a long *** time lol that goes up to the #1 Spot in my list of races I have had with all my cars. The most fun u can have with your clothes on Its always a good time when we leave Bone Daddy's

Last edited by Adam_LS1_Z28; 07-21-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Freakin awesome! So, overall, could you have stayed with him? There was a thread a few months ago with a vid of a C6Z06 racing a Gallardo (C6Z06 killed the Lambo btw) that ended up with questions of how the C5Z06 would perform in the same race... Whats your opinion now that you've run with one?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL

Sweet little story! You gotta appreciate folks that like to enjoy their 1/4 million dollar cars!
Old 07-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

I swear only 1 week after I got my C5 I was heading down a main street in my area and a GALLARDO was flyin in and out of traffic, I tried messing around with him a bit, but there was too much traffic. That thing was so Fn loud, and he had the top off it too. They dont seem to have much down low, but pull damn nice in the upper Rpms.

I only wish I could get on the highway with one like you did! Nice man. get those headers on and he wont have a prayer.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
Freakin awesome! So, overall, could you have stayed with him? There was a thread a few months ago with a vid of a C6Z06 racing a Gallardo (C6Z06 killed the Lambo btw) that ended up with questions of how the C5Z06 would perform in the same race... Whats your opinion now that you've run with one?

At first I was thinking no way could a C5 Z beat one... then, I realized by the time I was about to reply,...that a C5 can trap at what, 118's...119's mph? Which is pretty fast stock..... We know a C6 Z can trap at what...125's? Or something like that. What does the lambo trap at? Curious. I think the lambo might edge out a bone stock C5. I might be wrong but, it would be close.-

Oh, and by the way, it sounds like you had a great night of highway driving bro. Sounds awesome. It's always fun to tangle with exotic's....especially with your boys.

Good times.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DocT
I think, being that i was completely BONE STOCK, dynoing (the next day) 351/338... with intake (that's now installed) and tuning... it'd be completely different. He would jump out on me a little bit, then i'd be on his *** again, that continued several times. I'd have WALKED him, if my headers and x pipe with a tune were on, basically a bolt on car.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Way to represent!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

gotta love american power
Old 07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KenC5
I swear only 1 week after I got my C5 I was heading down a main street in my area and a GALLARDO was flyin in and out of traffic, I tried messing around with him a bit, but there was too much traffic. That thing was so Fn loud, and he had the top off it too. They dont seem to have much down low, but pull damn nice in the upper Rpms.

I only wish I could get on the highway with one like you did! Nice man. get those headers on and he wont have a prayer.

I was under the impression that they were deadly down low seeing as how even their lower torque is plentiful and they do have AWD. The Lambo would hook and the Vette might not. The higher the speed the greater the differrence in drivetrain loss... and 140 is pretty damn fast.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Nice run I can only dream
Old 07-30-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mpe488
and 140 is pretty damn fast.
yes it is... i have my headers and x pipe on now... can't wait to run into another one
Old 07-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Launching!

cool story, nice picture, except the cigarette on the ground behind camaro just ruins it for me...jk
Old 07-30-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like that would have been a blast!!! I never had a chance to do that. Open highway pure getting it. Way to represent American Muscle.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Wow, I didn't know people actually drove thier pasta rockets. I thought they bought them to take up space in thier garages.

That is cool as hell that someone actually used the gas pedal in thier lambo. Its cool that you use the gas pedal in your corvette for that matter. I've never in my life seen a vette go faster than 5mph under the speed limit.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT Malice
Wow, I didn't know people actually drove thier pasta rockets. I thought they bought them to take up space in thier garages.

That is cool as hell that someone actually used the gas pedal in thier lambo. Its cool that you use the gas pedal in your corvette for that matter. I've never in my life seen a vette go faster than 5mph under the speed limit.
I'm not the typical vette owner lol
Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

LOL better not come around hear. I believe if your going to buy a car that perfoms, you better use those options. Or else why get one? I drive my vette like a vette should be driven.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first GOOD race in my z06