Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Post cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post cam swap

Installation went well and got pretty good numbers off the dyno. Since this was the first time I've done anything like this, I now notice different sounds. First, the exhaust is louder...that was to be expected since I'm getting more air into the engine. The other thing is the tapping from the engine. When the stock cam was in, I noticed a slight tapping, but it wasn't something I thought was a problem; nor do I think the louder tapping I now have is. Is this typical of a cam swap?

Huck
Old 07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes....LS1 valvetrain = sewing machine. You might want to get ahold of a pushrod length checker and verify that you are using the right ones. If you are using ones that are too short it will only make the problem worse...but yes it is completely normal to notice more noise afterwards.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what it sounds like...a sewing machine. The new pushrods came in the camshaft kit that I bought from TSP. Again, I don't think it's something that sounds wrong; just a little noisier and I just wanted to know if this is common.

Thanks for your reply