Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

nitrous....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nitrous....

ok im planning on purchasing the plate it from nitro dave next week.. Can you guys post pics on your vette nitrous setup. I want to keep it as hidden as possible. I saw one pic a while ago of a vette with the plate and only seeing two lines ontop of the intake and that was it. That is exactly what I want. I also want to do a switch panal in the dasg with the guage and remote bottle opener. I was going to mount the bottle in the trunk. Just one bottle and a 100 shot. Do I need to change my plugs? tune?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How often are you using the nitrous? Lots of folks switch to TR6 plugs (colder). I stuck with TR55's though on my Z28 because I had used the n20 about 3 times in six months and didn't feel it was necessary.

I took a couple degrees of timing out and scanned it on a n20 pass to make sure everything was in the clear.

As far as stealth, TAKE YOUR TIME. Seriously. Plan out a whole day that you can mess around with it. Try different ways of setting it up in order to hide it. Use as few wires as possible and keep it really clean. Also opt for an electronic wide open throttle sensor if you haven't already.

I also bought a lot of black convolute tubing & black electrical tape. Most of my wiring & feed lines looked just like ordinary wires going to the PCM or something like that. I had n20 on my z28 (hooked up but didn't use it) for 4 months at the track, hood open, and not one person knew.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

I dont plan on using it a ton. maybe 6 time amonth. Do I have to worry about the bottle sitting in the car full with the temp changes? I plan on taking at least a whole day to do this. I wont start until next week at the earliet. How hard is it to setup?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by keliente
How often are you using the nitrous? Lots of folks switch to TR6 plugs (colder). I stuck with TR55's though on my Z28 because I had used the n20 about 3 times in six months and didn't feel it was necessary.

I took a couple degrees of timing out and scanned it on a n20 pass to make sure everything was in the clear.

As far as stealth, TAKE YOUR TIME. Seriously. Plan out a whole day that you can mess around with it. Try different ways of setting it up in order to hide it. Use as few wires as possible and keep it really clean. Also opt for an electronic wide open throttle sensor if you haven't already.

I also bought a lot of black convolute tubing & black electrical tape. Most of my wiring & feed lines looked just like ordinary wires going to the PCM or something like that. I had n20 on my z28 (hooked up but didn't use it) for 4 months at the track, hood open, and not one person knew.

Werd. Unless you've done this a million times, your gonna wanna take your time. Especially with the wireing.

My kit...is not at all stealth but...I really don't car cause I rarely pop my hood when i'm out and about.

(yes, the black bottle is upside down in the pic)

Again, nowhere near stealth but,..it is possible.

..and my *** your gonna only use it once in a while. The first time you hit it your gonna nut.

Have fun bro.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

my myspace has alot of pics and the link should be in my profile.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
..and my *** your gonna only use it once in a while. The first time you hit it your gonna nut.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Robert56 Started a Nitrous Vette Thread in the Nitrous section, a bunch of installs are there.

Let me know if you want to see dyno's on Daves plate on a stock 1999 C-5
Old 08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by keliente

lol. You know it's true too chica.

"the ****"....is habit forming.

I'm actually typing this from Nitrous Rehab.

Kinda hard to type with this damn straight jacket.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

When I first got in to the nitrous game I started with a 75 shot. After hitting if once It was back in the garage put the 150 jets in. Never looked back since then. I will see if I can find a pic of my TNT kit and post a pic.

Chris
Old 08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Here are a few pics of my NOS Plate install in my Z06. I made some custom solenoid brackets and also made the pieces for the console. It took me over 3 weeks to do my install but I did make a lot of custom peices.

More to come soon.

Quick Reply: nitrous....