Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Flow on Z06 stock Ti mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flow on Z06 stock Ti mufflers?

Maybe I need to post this over on the corvetteforum....but I'll give it a shot here. I'd venture to say that they flow pretty well, and the weight savings from the Ti material COULD negate andy slight gains from a heavier aftermarket system....anyone care to share their knowledge? I know a lot of people don't replace the catback's on their Z06 due to a lot of the aftermarket ones being stainless or aluminum. I do recall a few that were made of Ti but can't remember which ones. Is it worth it to switch to an aftermarket exhaust for power alone? Or just for sound....?
Old 10-26-2006, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

IMO none as for power. TI flow great and are crazy light. You will be shocked how light they are if you pick up a TI in one hand, and something else in the other.

Sound man, and lots of it. The TIs are very unique WOT, but are kinda tame IMO @ idle. Get some LTs with TI and see how that goes. If you want more, go with stingers (borlas), way more, BB bullets, and insane loud mouths (straight pipes). Hope this helps.
Dave
Old 10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Personally, I like the sound of the Ti......when I was younger I would have preferred the louder sound of an aftermarket catback, but they are fine as far as I'm concerned. I was just wondering about the power benefits...which looks like they are negligable. The money would most likely be better spent elsewhere for power increases. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

The TIs are very hard to beat as far as flow. A realy mean sound somes with LTs and TI. More rumble @ idle and WOT you get the same TI tuned, exotic sound too. If you do remove them, keep them. I kick myslef for selling mine as I did not have the space. I have had this car 3 years, and will never let it go, and it makes me think I am 18 again, not rapidly running up on 40 Good luck brother!!!
Dave
Old 10-26-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

heheh. I also like the TI's ALOT. I am looking for just a bit more rumble and such, so I plan on getting the B&B Bullets and then LG headers. that setup sounds really nice and aggressive. Even headers and the stock TI's sound amazing like everyone says. Id say keep the stock TI and get headers if you dont have the money to swap a new catback. I want everything new on mine, lol. either way I think you will be happy headers, stock TI or headers, aftermarket cat. Just get ready for some mean soundin ****!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

I have the TI on mine and I really like it. W/ longtubes and an o/r x-pipe it sounds tame at an idle and screams wot. W/ a lingenfelter gt2-3 cam it could pass for a stock car, noone would guess it made 500rwhp w/ a 75 shot
Old 10-27-2006, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

I dynoed my car with both stock ti and b&b bullets. the car had bolt ons with a futral f14 cam. it made 423 rwhp with both exhaust systems. my reasoning for the bullets was looks with bigger tips and sound.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Launching!

I picked up a Ti system a couple weeks back for $365 on E-bay. I like the difference over the stock C5 w/o a doubt. You really only notice it over 3k though. Now I can actually hear my exhaust over the Magnacharger! I weighed them up and they were 14#'s/side compared to the stock 22#'s/side so it helps. Certainly a good bang for the $$ compared to the more expensive aftermarket ones. I'm going with the Kooks 1 7/8" headers and their X pipe to really wake it up soon enough.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with what has been said, can't beat the TI flow dept, or weight and I love the sound. I had Magnaflow on my '97 and it did sound louder and nicer at idle, but they are $$ for what gain? The TI is actually a pretty loud aggresive sound at wot, and I get asked all the time at the drags what headers I am running, hehehe, stock exhaust from heads to tail, and making 550rwhp, so that shows they will/can flow just fine. One day all the Z06s missing the TI exhaust will be worth less?
Robert
Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a set of TIs used off here about two months ago... Great sound and it replaced my SUPER heavy Corsa Touring Car mufflers.... Very different sound from the Corsa system, much deeper..

Old 11-12-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

I will never ever change out my TI exhaust. I do want more sound so I plan on doing the exhaust bypass aka the A&A mod. Do a search on the corvetteforum and you will find all kinds of info on how to do this. There are even sound clips.

J.R.

Quick Reply: Flow on Z06 stock Ti mufflers?