Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Im Thinking About Going From C5 To Ws6...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just get a early ls1 f-body and build that too!!! thats what i am doing cant have to many toys!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

i want mean ws6 muscle with a giant hood that wants to eat everything, but i want the smooth excellerating c5 with awesome looks that reminds me of an exotic! to top it off whats better than a c5 starting up that has a huge cam--blup blup blup--wow, exactly...but a ws6 that sounds like that.....dammit im loosing my mind and i have to make a decision now! i could go on and on, i think i just need to buy a ss silverado...or not
Old 02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

To be honest, I enjoy driving my f-bodies just as much as I did my C6 Vette. Like you said, the f-bodies feel like a musclecar, the Corvette feels more like a smaller exotic/sportscar. The Corvette definitely handles better, but the drivetrain is kind of weak compared to a nice 12-bolt in an f-body that doesn't wheelhop.

My sunset orange Firehawk turns just as many heads as my black C6 did, both stand out on their own just fine.

If you must do it, get this car before it's gone:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/655376-ws6-formula-10-900-miles-430-rwhp-sale-trade.html

That's about the cleanest and most lovingly maintained WS6 you will ever find.
I agree with this guy!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went through the same thing as you. I ended up just finding another f-body to play with.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Teching In

I'm going through the same thing right now. I've got a Black 2000 WS6 that I was thinking about selling to get a C5. I've just always wanted one. Tough decision. In the back of my mind I think I will regret selling the WS6. If it were me I would keep the Vette!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want more of the muscle car feel, then go for the ZO6 or FRC. Then you'll be a bit more exclusive than a coupe or vert. I love my FRC and it makes a great DD. You could always just get a hood for the vette too. But you'd need a blower to stick under the hood of course, it's only logical.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

I say don't bother - I haven't looked back. I thought I would be very nostalgic and in reality when I think about my car, I have memories and events that happened around it, but the car itself -- blatantly the vette is a vette and the camaro is a camaro. My girlfriend once told me before I got the vette when I said I wanted to keep the camaro that it was young and rebellious - I told her I wanted young and rebellious. She countered with the fact that no one who drives a corvette is not at some point in them young and rebellious. You're getting the best of all worlds with it : aggressive looks, gorgeous looks, performance out the yin yang and class.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a 99 trans am right now. Im buying a 2000 c5 tomorrow. I cant afford both right now. I have to sell my trans am quick. ill sell it for pay off on a side note wink wink. BUT. I know on the very near future i will be saying. Why? what advantages did i see? i could have built my trans am to be better than the vette. The main difference n the two car ( in my view) is that since i can remember ive been obsessed with trans ams. I just started liking vettes. Thats a lot of heritage and a lot of soul to give up. So im going to wait till im in a better financial situation and buy the fbod i always wanted but never could afford. A 10th anniversary black/gold firehawk 6 speed. i know you like the ls1 ws6 style a lot but have you considered an lt1? you can pick them up cheap now i mean really cheap. I can find them all day long on craigslist modded in good condition for like $4,000- $7,000. find one that needs a clutch and its $2,500. Something to think about
Old 03-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

i dont know dammit!! i want a nice truck, and in order to get one i need to down grade to the TA, but i think i can handle drivin a SS silverado and a WS6...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

I actually sold my T/A to my uncle when I bought the C5 and actually bought it back from him since I missed the low end grunt and aggressive looks. Circumstances forced me to sell it though for good not too long after that. I love my vette to death but I definitely do miss this: In fact she is the reason that I modded my vette so heavily.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lionelc-5
I sold my 98 f body , and bought an 04 vet. I realy miss the camero! But i would never ever give up my vett to have the camero back! I am thinking about buying another camero but there is just no way in hell i would do it if it ment giving up my vet. If i had to choose one, witch it sounds like thats what you have to do, i choose the vett.

BUT, i could see how you migh choose the f-body. They are cheaper, they are cheaper to mod, they are beatiful cars.

Dont worry about what your buddies might say, just do what makes you happy, because when it comes right down to it, thats all these cars are about.

Lionelc-5
That is my exact situation... except I have a 99 FRC, I still love and miss my f bod... my dad actually owns it now, but he is about to sell it for a bike and I am thinking of buying it back from him, but I will never give up the vette for it.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

After this sweet and exact dissertation why would you want anything else. My sentiments exactly

DROID

Originally Posted by LSWON_WS6
theres just something special about seeing a FRC black on black vette with chrome zo6 wheels, then when the car is turned on you hear a bump stick that sounds hungry enough to eat a cobra hmmmm blop blop blop blop wow, i normally think of a z28 or ws6 to sound like this but when it comes from a c5 i break down in ahhh. in my opinion having a c5 is like having an exotic; rollerblading girls look and smile, the guy in his yukon is looking down at you and thinking to himself ' im dropin my yuker off and taking my vette out when i get home,' and going through lets say taco bell and the guy you give your money to says 'wow, nice car' all of a sudden youve been talkin to him for 10 min and youve got a line of cars thinking 'what did this guy order everything off the menu?' just within the last few days i have completely detiled my entire car to the point where it is so perfect you dont want to lay a finger on it. i open my garage and pace around it in silence admiring the chrome wheels and a perfectly flawless corvette want to be taken out on the street and burn off last years tires......having a vette is bliss except for the a$$holes who hate you just because you have one and your stupid friends that just dont get 'not to touch the paint when you get in and out' but like i said earlier having a giant hood that could eat a squirrel in a gulp might be just as good...WS6
Old 03-17-2007, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 530transam
i have a 99 trans am right now. Im buying a 2000 c5 tomorrow. I cant afford both right now. I have to sell my trans am quick. ill sell it for pay off on a side note wink wink. BUT. I know on the very near future i will be saying. Why? what advantages did i see? i could have built my trans am to be better than the vette. The main difference n the two car ( in my view) is that since i can remember ive been obsessed with trans ams. I just started liking vettes. Thats a lot of heritage and a lot of soul to give up. So im going to wait till im in a better financial situation and buy the fbod i always wanted but never could afford. A 10th anniversary black/gold firehawk 6 speed. i know you like the ls1 ws6 style a lot but have you considered an lt1? you can pick them up cheap now i mean really cheap. I can find them all day long on craigslist modded in good condition for like $4,000- $7,000. find one that needs a clutch and its $2,500. Something to think about
Find me an automatic equipped WS6 T/A in my neck of the woods for this price, I'm buying.

Quick Reply: Im Thinking About Going From C5 To Ws6...