Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Im Thinking About Going From C5 To Ws6...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Thinking About Going From C5 To Ws6...

well yes you have read it, i thinking about going back to a ws6. i currently have a 98 c5. i think the major reason would be the TA feels like more of a muscle car and the hood just sets the car off. but im just stuck, the vette feels like an exotic, you cant beat the looks of the interior or the exterior, the handling, and many other things. but for some reason i really miss my old ws6...i dont know what i want to do so i come to all of you. tell my why you picked a vette, and if you have had an f-body why did you choose a c5 and the big question...who has considered selling their c5 for a very famaliar f-body?? jeeeez i just turned 21, am i going through an 'early' life breakdown; im going crazy i want a c5 so bad and i get one and not even a year later i miss my TA....HeLp mE!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSWON_WS6
i dont know what i want to do so i come to all of
The only opinion that matters is yours. It's your ride. Do what makes you happy.

As for me I could see adding an F-body to the fleet at some point, but definitely not a replacement for my Vette.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

If you must do it, get this car before it's gone:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/655376-ws6-formula-10-900-miles-430-rwhp-sale-trade.html

That's about the cleanest and most lovingly maintained WS6 you will ever find.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Default I feel like you too.

I sold my 98 f body , and bought an 04 vet. I realy miss the camero! But i would never ever give up my vett to have the camero back! I am thinking about buying another camero but there is just no way in hell i would do it if it ment giving up my vet. If i had to choose one, witch it sounds like thats what you have to do, i choose the vett.

BUT, i could see how you migh choose the f-body. They are cheaper, they are cheaper to mod, they are beatiful cars.

Dont worry about what your buddies might say, just do what makes you happy, because when it comes right down to it, thats all these cars are about.

Lionelc-5
Old 02-16-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

I feel your pain....I wish I could have kept my Camaro....

For me my intrest has always been road cars Vs drag cars..so teh Corvette is a natural step for me. Sounds liek your possiably a drag guy stuck in a road car..

Tuff decission....
Old 02-16-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

I chose the WS6 over the vette because I needed a backseat. Now I wished I had gotten the vette. Still might in the near future!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWON_WS6
well yes you have read it, i thinking about going back to a ws6. i currently have a 98 c5. i think the major reason would be the TA feels like more of a muscle car and the hood just sets the car off. but im just stuck, the vette feels like an exotic, you cant beat the looks of the interior or the exterior, the handling, and many other things. but for some reason i really miss my old ws6...i dont know what i want to do so i come to all of you. tell my why you picked a vette, and if you have had an f-body why did you choose a c5 and the big question...who has considered selling their c5 for a very famaliar f-body?? jeeeez i just turned 21, am i going through an 'early' life breakdown; im going crazy i want a c5 so bad and i get one and not even a year later i miss my TA....HeLp mE!!!
Sounds like you went through what I did. Wanted a C5 for a very long time, finally got one, and was less than enamored with it. The "Unicorn" factor. You enjoyed the lust for it more than the actual ownership.

I'm keeping my C5 though because I still have one of my LT1 Trans Am's.

To answer your question, I stepped up to a C5 because it's a Vette, plain and simple. I love the way the car feels, the design, the performance, and the people that share the same enjoyment. But a part of me will always be more at home behind the more raw and muscle car feeling of the F-body. Always.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same issues, which is why I went more pure muscle car look with this 'vette. My '98 vert was too pretty and I paid too much for it to do any mods, so this time I got one for pure sport. I had three f-bodies before this (Camaro's and T/A's) and this is the best.

Good luck either way.

99 FRC
Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

i got rid of this

for this

the handles of the ss vs the vette dont even compare.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is my view on the subject!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet-camaro-1967-2002/623590-thinking-doing-camaro-c5-change-here-my-review.html
Old 02-18-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do whatever makes you happy I just think thats sort of going backwards almost like demodding a car you know. Unless you do nothing but hang out at the track I really don't see the point of getting rid of the vette to go back to a WS6 and I've had one too!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Boils down to your nostalgia versus your progress
Old 02-18-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not have both?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

theres just something special about seeing a FRC black on black vette with chrome zo6 wheels, then when the car is turned on you hear a bump stick that sounds hungry enough to eat a cobra hmmmm blop blop blop blop wow, i normally think of a z28 or ws6 to sound like this but when it comes from a c5 i break down in ahhh. in my opinion having a c5 is like having an exotic; rollerblading girls look and smile, the guy in his yukon is looking down at you and thinking to himself ' im dropin my yuker off and taking my vette out when i get home,' and going through lets say taco bell and the guy you give your money to says 'wow, nice car' all of a sudden youve been talkin to him for 10 min and youve got a line of cars thinking 'what did this guy order everything off the menu?' just within the last few days i have completely detiled my entire car to the point where it is so perfect you dont want to lay a finger on it. i open my garage and pace around it in silence admiring the chrome wheels and a perfectly flawless corvette want to be taken out on the street and burn off last years tires......having a vette is bliss except for the a$$holes who hate you just because you have one and your stupid friends that just dont get 'not to touch the paint when you get in and out' but like i said earlier having a giant hood that could eat a squirrel in a gulp might be just as good...WS6
Old 02-19-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The way it sounds to me is you really don't want to get rid of the vette. Keep it and get some money together and then buy another trans am they are getting cheaper everyday no big hurry on that.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

good point
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by T-maxx
Why not have both?
I Oh I wish....so I settled for this

Last edited by BitViper; 02-20-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

looks famaliar, i found one at a local dealership that only buys wrecked cars. they came across a yellow 04 with 30k on it and they wanted 19 grand, this zo6 was nuts it had all your favorite bolt-ons and was clean as hell, the damage was so minimal (rear bumper) i needed to have it but he said he didnt want to downgrade to a non zo6 car! DAMMIT... but hey it happens
Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

right now mine's completele stock except for a few small changes ..CAGS and wheels...You gotta hear this thing....it just purrs....If you wanted a road car..this is it..if you wanted a luxury road car then I bet the C5 coupe would fit..

The C5 is only 10" shorter that the camaro and the same width
Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Launching!

You guys are making me hesitate on buying a Vette now myself!! ARGGGHHH!!!!! To be honest I am wavering on getting a MkIV Supra instead for the easy power and exclusivity. I have seen maybe three or four turbo Supra's here in Austin my whole life and that includes going to local meetup spots. Maybe I'll just keep the TA!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Im Thinking About Going From C5 To Ws6...