Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Time for more changes!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for more changes!

Posted this over on Corvette Forum as well.

Well now that the 4th of July holiday is over and some of the craziness of getting MPH going is subsiding (temporarily), I figured now was a good time to take some pics of the latest changes to my TT Z06. Some of you may remember the last time I tuned the car I made 764rwhp and 792 rwtq with boost bouncing off the boost limiter in my controller at around 14psi. This was with a MAF tune, a few hours into the volumetric efficiency table, and minor timing tweaks.

Pump 93 octane and NO methanol. YET!

I decided I wanted to get a little deeper into the car's tune and also prep the car for some possible fun in the twisties, which means... we need a low boost setting and a high boost setting and the ability to see varying amounts of boost at varying RPMs AND fuel for them properly. Sounds like it's time for speed density Oh, and it doesn't hurt that I'm adding a FAST 90 and LS2 TB into the mix at the same time

Sooooo, here we go again. Making a fine mess of things. You can't really tell in this picture but the OEM valley cover hardware has been replaced with low profile hardware (the FAST 90 will either rattle or break if you leave OEM hardware in place!).

I didn't like the look of the gray FAST 90, so I decided to have it painted up with black and a lot of flexing agent to allow the intake to expand and contract without cracking the paint.

One of the things about the FAST intake is that it does not have a retaining clip for your MAP sensor. So I made up a simple clip out of an old clamp and put it in between the bolt and the manifold.

And finally a nice shot of the LS2 TB on the front of the FAST 90. It needs a special harness to work with my LS6-based car, which is available from Casper's.

Hoping to have it bolted up tonight and do some possible tuning tomorrow! (ps, yes, the TB is reversed in the pics, it's just a mock up. )

Old 07-07-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice man, very nice!
Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very nice in deed
Old 07-07-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like DR Frankenstein is operating again. Good luck Dr. Can't wait to see what kind of numbers get posted.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get it done already Tony!!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Banned

Nice attention to detail... good luck on the biz.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks tight man. I dig it. best wishes.

Quick Reply: Time for more changes!