Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Need help again, car is cursed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help again, car is cursed!!!!

Well i drove home from another town about 70 miles away everything was fine the whole drive, i had plenty of gas as i had filled up before i left on my trip. I make it home im pulling off on my highway off ramp exit, i come to a stop with the clutch pushed in and the car dies, the rpms just dropped to zero. I immediately tried to start it again and it seemed like it was starving for gas or spark or something, bc i had to actually fluctuate the throttle to get it to start, as i continue to drive home i notice that every time i clutch in the revs drop very fast and it almost dies but i never really gave it the opportunity to i continually gave it gas to keep the revs up, i got home and popped the hood and there was again a horrible ticking noise, this sounds very similar to broken rocker arm but i checked them all and even pulled the pushrods on the side that the noise seems to be coming from and nothing; i really cant tell if any of the valve springs are cracked bc they are duals. So im stumped i got the codes from my DIC and i got P0352H thru P0358H which is ignition control circuit. So basically can anyone decipher what is going on here. Could this be a broken or fouled spark plug, bad fuel, blown motor. Let me know what you think guys. Oh just one more thing, im running a boost pressure gauge(car is not sc) and a fuel pressure gauge, the boost pressure gauge is running about 3 psi lower than normal at idle, like 17 instead of 20 and the fuel pressure gauge is running at about 1-2psi lower like 38 or so when normally at idle it is 40, didnt know if this information would help.. Thanks again
Old 07-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Launching!

you know I got the exact same problem...yeah like if you come to a light and once the car is out of gear the rpms drop to about 200 to 300 rpms and then it turns off.But on my car I think its a fuel pump problem well I dont think it is...im almost positive it is...because I just installed a 600hp rated pump and it does this sometime I believe it needs more ground or I need to check if the ground strap because it was kinda loose when I took my pump out.Its a little strap inside the fuel pump but well ima do this tomorow and while im down their ima check any other things if I find the problem ill let you know so you can check it out too...
Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would check the IAC for starters