Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

tsp headers and x pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsp headers and x pipe

If anyone is using these i would like to get some feedback on texas speed's header and x pipe for the C5. How long did it take you to install? How did it fit? any dyno or track numbers to back them up? Seems like a lot better price compared to the other long tubes ive seen.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:50 AM
MJD
12 Second Club

If you look at he FLP install on ls1howto.com it will give you an idea of what to expect. I used these instructions and the only additional thing I had to do was drop the starter for clearance and cut two holes in the tunnel plate for the O2 sensors. I'm not sure on time to install since I did my cam at the same time. The fit was excellent for me and I have had no leaks. They are definitely worth the money if you don't feel like spending double the price on stainless.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im running these headers. Im not sure on the hp numbers, but with my setup it went from running a 12.0's to an 11.5. I also run on ET streets which helps out a lot. I would guess in the neighborhood of 20rwhp.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

im using the TSP setup. I installed it myself over 2 days time. I could have gotten it done in one day but I decided to take it easy and split it over 2 days.

Pretty easy install IMO, both headers went in from the top. All u need to do is take off both valve covers, unhook the steering likage and push it outta the way, pop off the altenator, and remove the starter. Jsut make sure you install the starter BEFORE you bolt up the passenger header. if you search TSP headers on CF.com you will find some mroe info. I used LS1howto as a base to do my install.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tripintaz
im using the TSP setup. I installed it myself over 2 days time. I could have gotten it done in one day but I decided to take it easy and split it over 2 days.

Pretty easy install IMO, both headers went in from the top. All u need to do is take off both valve covers, unhook the steering likage and push it outta the way, pop off the altenator, and remove the starter. Jsut make sure you install the starter BEFORE you bolt up the passenger header. if you search TSP headers on CF.com you will find some mroe info. I used LS1howto as a base to do my install.
In the LS1howto I believe it states you install the drivers side header from the bottom. Its what i did and I would think its much easier, now don't get me wrong its a tight fit, and removing the spark plugs helps to. Get the whole car up about 22 inches and you will have enough clearance to swing the header in. I tried to swing the drivers side from the bottom the first time with no luck because i only had the car up about 18-19 inches, so just make sure you get it high enough. I got the passenger side in from the top and I didn't have to take off the starter. Hope this helps.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

I put mine in from the top, just pull the alt and steering shaft on the drivers side and coil packs off of both sides.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them... Dropped them both in from the top... Removed valve covers and sparkplugs, disconnect steering col. and remove alt.. I would also suggest bending the tap welded on (which doesn't even work without an adapter) to bend it flat against the headers.

Performance wise i have no problems with the headesr. I'm VERY disappointed in the ceramic coating they put on it. IT's completely flaked off and has surface rust everywhere... Yes they are scratched.... and those parts are slighly rusted... but the headers have been installed just a year now and the rust in all over the headers and there is no way because of the way it spread it's from the scratches... I'll either take them to a local shop and have them redone or buy Stainless Steal next time..
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I put the passenger side in from the top and drivers side in from the bottom.

Quick Reply: tsp headers and x pipe