C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Cartek Aps Tt Forged 347 Final Numbers 907rwh

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cartek Aps Tt Forged 347 Final Numbers 907rwh

Everyone,

Good things come to those who wait. This has been a lot of time work and effort. I first want to thank Dave for keeping my car stored while we did the work. APS for building a kickass kit!!!! ROY for putting this thing together, RICH for wiring the hard stuff like the boost controller, MIKE for building a awesome set of heads, and Julio for giving it a perfect speed density tune and 1000HP motor. This is like the academy awards, but I have to thank everyone…haha. I want to thank Mike Romain, Necksnapper and everyone on the forum who has been positive and encouraging through this process. For those of you who do not believe the numbers below, I don’t want to hear it. This is a good example of when the right combination of heads, cam, motor, turbo and tuning work.

So….. Here they are!!!!

This is a tune with 93 octane, meth, boost set to 12psi

This is the tune with C16 race gas, exhaust unbolted, boost set to 18psi. ( WE LOST TACH SIGNAL SO IT DID NOT COMPLETE THE TORQUE NUMBER BUT WE ESTIMATE IT TO BE SOMEWHERE AROUND 1050)

I can't thank eveyone enough. We are going to do some more R and D work on the kit to get the number even higher.

Thanks,

Adam
Old 08-13-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Amazing numbers, but why does it make peak power at only 5200 rpm?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome bro, simply awesome !!

Can you post some info about your driveline. What is required to handle all that power ??
Old 08-13-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said on the other forum, outstanding results. Something I'm curious about.....does it hold the boost/power higher and longer on the street under a heavier load than on the dyno???
Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

wow those numbers are impressive, your just about maxing out those little 20g's (im assuming they are still the 20G's) 18psi must be fun, but even at 12 im sure its a beast on the street! sweet car and congrats on the great numbers!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Wow!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats. The important thing is that you're happy with your new combo. Don't let any of those CF trolls take that from you.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 08-13-2007, 08:10 PM

Thumbs up

Fantastic outcome, congrats.

Is this the stock C5 APS kit? Bigger turbos?

I want to eventually do the same thing to my car, forged, stock cubes, bigger turbos, etc. Again, awesome results. Post more details when you can...
Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

Congrats Adam , enjoy that beast . Cartek gave you a strong motor and tune behind that APS kit .
Old 08-14-2007, 03:53 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

thats awesum
Old 08-14-2007, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbo_tom
Is this the stock C5 APS kit? Bigger turbos?
He explained on CF that the results were with the stock APS turbos. I don't think they released any info on motor compression or details on the heads, cam, or tune.

As for dropping at 5,200 that could be a few things. Turbos too small and a possible flow restriction in the manifolds come to mind. But I don't know for certain and it doesn't much matter as the customer is happy with his new combo and I'm not going to wizz in his wheaties.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdhmi
He explained on CF that the results were with the stock APS turbos. I don't think they released any info on motor compression or details on the heads, cam, or tune.

As for dropping at 5,200 that could be a few things. Turbos too small and a possible flow restriction in the manifolds come to mind. But I don't know for certain and it doesn't much matter as the customer is happy with his new combo and I'm not going to wizz in his wheaties.
Someone else mentioned too little of a load from the dyno could cause a drop in boost which subsequently would drop power/tq also.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't buy that. I ran my turbo car on a DynoJet and the power didn't blip at 5,200. Now, what is true with the DynoJets and turbo cars is it takes a little longer to spool the turbos throwing off the curve a little bit. That's what I noticed going from a Mustang to a DynoJet.

Not to digress though. This thread isn't about losing power at 5,200 or anything of the sort. It's just a happy customer sharing his results.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Teching In

Regarding Holding boost.

We had done a lot of pulls, and the boost controller is to blame. I am running the AMS-1000 boost controller. Check out their site. The contoller is complicated but works great once you figure it out.

The turbos are stock, Forged bottom end with heads and cam from cartek.

Here are the dyno videos.

This run is with 12lbs of boost, Meth, exhaust on(sounds the similar to the other run because i am running the BB PRT system. If anyone knows that system it is like running with no exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyzCeH4HSdA

This run is with 18lbs of boost, no exhaust and C16 race gas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XUpqswyrtE
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by ls1player
Regarding Holding boost.

We had done a lot of pulls, and the boost controller is to blame. I am running the AMS-1000 boost controller. Check out their site. The contoller is complicated but works great once you figure it out.

The turbos are stock, Forged bottom end with heads and cam from cartek.

Here are the dyno videos.

This run is with 12lbs of boost, Meth, exhaust on(sounds the similar to the other run because i am running the BB PRT system. If anyone knows that system it is like running with no exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyzCeH4HSdA

This run is with 18lbs of boost, no exhaust and C16 race gas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XUpqswyrtE

Wow! How much bigger are the C5 turbos than the C6's...? That has to be one sick motor man...
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Teching In

.The controllers job is to target a preset amount of pressure on the control port of the gate( thus the pressure sensor is mounted in the control port of gate). If you have more back pressure than boost pressure its going to blow the gates open and boost will drop. Once you reach cross over you need to apply more pressure on the top of the gate than there is backpressure in order to keep boost there.

Nice car!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

amazing car man!!!!! great power... love the color!