Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Cam Guru's

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Guru's

I tried posting this in Gen III Internal engine section. I can't understand why there was not even one comment? Unless there is absolutely no one who has ever used this as a cam only? I hope it wasn't a corvette thing? I didn't know how to move the post so here I am.
I need advice on this cam. I would like to install this as a cam only for the time being. Cam specs 228/230, .585 .585 112+4. This is the Tric-flo cam. The car is an 02' m6 vette, Hal tech Tric Ti, Ported T/B, de screened MAF, T/B bi-pass? Borla XR-1 cat back, Kooks LTs custom tune by Formato. I will use Isky bee hive tool room springs ( afraid of Comps 918s with all the issues they've been having) and go with Comp pro-magnum rockers. Has any one run this as a cam only? What can I expect as far as driveability? What about HP? The car was making 330 before the Kooks LTs Do you think I will be at 400 or more? Thanks in advance
Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That cam in a stock CID motor will have a fair amount of lope to it. Idle RPMs will be in mid to upper 900s. With the mod you have, the cam should pick up a 25 rwhp. To hit the 400+ rwhp mark you will need a set of heads for that cam or very big cam with stock heads.

Keith
Old 08-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1290
That cam in a stock CID motor will have a fair amount of lope to it. Idle RPMs will be in mid to upper 900s. With the mod you have, the cam should pick up a 25 rwhp. To hit the 400+ rwhp mark you will need a set of heads for that cam or very big cam with stock heads.

Keith
i agree.......add nitrous and it will be untouchable!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

MMmmmmmm......big cammmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-30-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXZ0603
MMmmmmmm......big cammmmmmmmmmm
I disagre that this is a big cam with today's LS1 big cam standard, any MANY FOLKS running much larger cams than this on stock cubed LS1 motors. This would make an excellent street/strip cam with stock heads or ported heads, but make sure as you say that you get some good double springs as the 918s are not good enough being a single spring, etc.

This will have a nice lope to it with the 112 lsa, and as far as being very street friendly as long as you get it tuned by a pro who knows what he's doing the cam should have very good street manners and make vert close to 400rwhp with headers, and good tune! Another strong selling point on this cam is that the lift is not very high and will not beat the **** out of your valve train like a .610 lift cam would, etc. GO FOR IT!