Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

recalled roof panel on my 06

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recalled roof panel on my 06

Just got off the phone with GM dealer. He was going to do my roof recall so I left my roof panel with him. He said the service guy has torn down the panel and it is seperating, so I get a new panel. Of course living in Alabama the state with 5 corvette's (well 10 anyway) he has to order, paint, and clear it, so I'm looking at thurs.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

good to hear you are getting that taken care of.

A little advice. When you pick up the roof put it on the car to make sure both door close correctly. When they did mine the didnt align something right and the window would not go into the door jam like it was susposed to. I'm not sure if anybody else has had this problem.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Teching In

I'm having my recall performed on my 05 this tuesday. They said they needed to look at the roof first. I'm not entirely sure why they need to do that, something about parts vs. ordering a new roof. Is there anything else I should look at when I pick up my car after I get this recall done?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Teching In

Default 06 Recall

Had mines done at the Dealer, and they RAN out of glue! Had to schedule two separate days ( all day) at the Dealer. Could'nt just leave the roof. Anyway, somehow they use some sort of purple colored cleaner when doing the repairs. I cleaned a lot of over applications from my door seal rubber. The car looked dirty after they were finished. Just happy to have my car back at home.....