Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Z06 peeps

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z06 peeps

so over the weekend i found an 04 z06 with 29k for 36k. well its the first one up here that i have seen that hadnt been sold already so i asked the salesman for a test drive which he agreed. first impression was damn this thing sits low but wow its comfortable. really the only thing i didnt like was the shifter location it felt like i should be using my elbow to shift. and it was powerfull but it was noticibly weaker than my cobra. how many of you have taken the z06 after having a higher hp car? Do you have any regrets? i was planning on a c6 z in a few years but i found a really nice med spiral grey for 28k and i am really considiring it. thanks for the help.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Having owned a 03 Cobra with a Whipple and all the bolt ons, I'll say this. The Cobra is a fun car and I suprised a lot of people with it, however you can see that I no longer own it. If I didnt have either car and I was looking to buy, I would take a Z06 over a Cobra anyday. Im not saying I dont like the Cobra, it has awesome potential and way cheaper than the Vette to mod, but weight and aerodynamics is hard to beat. Keep in mind a Z06 with H/C and a few other bolt ons would pull a pullied ported Cobra. Lol and last, the Vette will always get more looks than a Cobra. My Cobra was pretty sweet IMO, but when we were out in both cars (Z06 and Cobra) nobody even looked at the Cobra.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

I'm in agreement with Quik Z06. Unfortunately, I'll be selling mine this week for future endeavors and will hopefully be in a C6Z next fall. With this being stated, I'll never own another mustang again. I use to be a die hard Ford fanatic, then I grew up. Aside from the expense of labor and parts, the car doesn't require much to be quick. Mine puts down plenty of power and will still get 28mpg on the hwy. It's also a lot more comfortable for long drives vs my previous mustang.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Banned

I went from a Twin Turbo'd Firehawk to a stock C5 Zo6....

and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I loved my pony car, but the Zo6 tranny gearing/suspension makes my day -every- time I go for a drive..
Old 09-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jester177
so over the weekend i found an 04 z06 with 29k for 36k. well its the first one up here that i have seen that hadnt been sold already so i asked the salesman for a test drive which he agreed. first impression was damn this thing sits low but wow its comfortable. really the only thing i didnt like was the shifter location it felt like i should be using my elbow to shift. and it was powerfull but it was noticibly weaker than my cobra. how many of you have taken the z06 after having a higher hp car? Do you have any regrets? i was planning on a c6 z in a few years but i found a really nice med spiral grey for 28k and i am really considiring it. thanks for the help.
its all relative. u have the blower on the cobra. u have the extra kick of power. z06 delivers linear power. u dont feel like ur going as fast as u are. plus can u can take the cobra to 180? try that out in the vette when u get it. you'll be planted. love cobras but prolly cant say that about them at high speeds.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Teching In

I also had an '03 pullied Cobra before my Z and while I was giving up a little bit of straight line performance (stock Z06) the overall package of the Z was well worth it. In all honesty it would have only taken a set of longtubes and a tune to equal the straight line performance of my old car. Now with heads and cam set-up I'm running it would get ugly real quick for a simple pulley and exhaust Cobra. I have no regrets, I say go for it. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by O2Thief
I'm in agreement with Quik Z06. Unfortunately, I'll be selling mine this week for future endeavors and will hopefully be in a C6Z next fall. With this being stated, I'll never own another mustang again. I use to be a die hard Ford fanatic, then I grew up. Aside from the expense of labor and parts, the car doesn't require much to be quick. Mine puts down plenty of power and will still get 28mpg on the hwy. It's also a lot more comfortable for long drives vs my previous mustang.
I have never driven a Mustang, but did help convert O2Thief to the Chevrolet side. The Z06 is a great car. I am very impressed with it and how well it drives. I have not had the opportunity to compare my C5 to a C6, but I have not felt the need to yet as the C5 is comfortable and works great.

Quick Reply: Z06 peeps