Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion

We have had a few requests to make a seat that would bolt directly to C5 tracks similar to the Caravaggio seats. The C6 tracks may be the same but needs to be verified. We have developed a way to adapt a Sparco Roadster seat as a direct bolt application. We can either look into using the Sparco seat and recovering it in leather or suede or developing our own shell. This thread is a feeler to see how much REAL interest there is in this project. We should be able to offer a leather or suede version of an actual Sparco seat for about $900 a piece. If there was a lot of interest we could develop our own shell and reduce the cost further but the tooling costs would have to be justified. I was surprised at how comfortable the seat was thinking fixed seats weren't as comfortable as reclining but I am considering putting a set in my VW when the project is done. Sparco does not consider this a "competition" seat but for a more supportive, comfortable daily driver with some track use this to me is ideal.

Send me a PM if you would seriously consider this seat.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

They looks awesome. I would prefer the cheaper way though
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

nice looking seats. i have the caravaggio race seats. they sweet to look at but the bottom needs more padding. i feel like im sitting on plywood. if ya make the seats, pad the bottoms good
Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
They looks awesome. I would prefer the cheaper way though
i agree!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pdd
nice looking seats. i have the caravaggio race seats. they sweet to look at but the bottom needs more padding. i feel like im sitting on plywood. if ya make the seats, pad the bottoms good
What color and material do you have? Any pictures?

The problem with the bottom foam is there may be a fear if you make the foam much thicker you will loose some of the side support. Many reclining seat frames have a suspension system under the foam so it feels softer but the solid shell doesn't allow this. I will shoot for a happy medium.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am interested for sure, and yes cost is a factor. Most of us can't afford the carivaggios. Could you do the Z06 emblem sewn into the top of the head rest?
Robert

Edit: Here's the latest pic of my seats with the logo installed. I like.

Last edited by Robert56; 06-28-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:54 AM
12 Second Club

I have a fixed sparco Evo seat, and its alot more comfortable then the stock z06 seat, and def more comfy then a gt3 which is the same as a caravaggio
Old 10-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PA Z06
I have a fixed sparco Evo seat, and its alot more comfortable then the stock z06 seat, and def more comfy then a gt3 which is the same as a caravaggio
Caravaggio makes 2 Vette seats - the Roadster style and the GT3 style. We will offer the Roadster style soon.

We did receive a sample of a Roadster style seat from one of our overseas parts suppliers. It appeared they pitched the angle and shoulders slightly more and we found it very comfortable. The composition of the shell is likely different and appears it may have more flex. But for those who are mainly concerned with price it will be a nice option.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Talking

Originally Posted by arizen
Caravaggio makes 2 Vette seats - the Roadster style and the GT3 style. We will offer the Roadster style soon.

We did receive a sample of a Roadster style seat from one of our overseas parts suppliers. It appeared they pitched the angle and shoulders slightly more and we found it very comfortable. The composition of the shell is likely different and appears it may have more flex. But for those who are mainly concerned with price it will be a nice option.
oh yeah!!! price is always my main concern

Are there carvaggio's that have a bit more width in them for us full bodied road racers?
Old 10-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am interested for sure, and yes cost is a factor. Most of us can't afford the carivaggios. Could you do the Z06 emblem sewn into the top of the head rest?
Robert
We will look into logo options once the seat is completed. We know Autographz is licensed to reproduce Corvette logos but the installation process is not embroidery.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JudgeGuns
oh yeah!!! price is always my main concern

Are there carvaggio's that have a bit more width in them for us full bodied road racers?
I don't know for sure. You'd have to ask them. We don't sell their seats but are looking into a less costly option.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Launching!

I'd definately be intrested, and price is a concern for me as well. I'd prefer it recline, but if it's comfortable that wouldn't keep me from gettting it. I'd like an emblem as well, Corvette or Z06.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Talking

I don't know for sure. You'd have to ask them. We don't sell their seats but are looking into a less costly option.
less costly=good! let me know what you get!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Definately interested, keep us posted please.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

Cool Seats Man, Interested Party Here, Definetely
Old 10-13-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We have had a few requests to make a seat that would bolt directly to C5 tracks similar to the Caravaggio seats. The C6 tracks may be the same but needs to be verified. We have developed a way to adapt a Sparco Roadster seat as a direct bolt application. We can either look into using the Sparco seat and recovering it in leather or suede or developing our own shell. This thread is a feeler to see how much REAL interest there is in this project. We should be able to offer a leather or suede version of an actual Sparco seat for about $900 a piece. If there was a lot of interest we could develop our own shell and reduce the cost further but the tooling costs would have to be justified. I was surprised at how comfortable the seat was thinking fixed seats weren't as comfortable as reclining but I am considering putting a set in my VW when the project is done. Sparco does not consider this a "competition" seat but for a more supportive, comfortable daily driver with some track use this to me is ideal.

Send me a PM if you would seriously consider this seat.

Just a heads up for ya, the C5 and C6 seat rails are the same. I just recently put a set of C6 seats on to my C5 frame rails no problem.

Also for you guys with telescopic wheels and memory, you'll need to leave in the electronics (seat controller and wiring) or your memory and steering wheel won't work.

Your seats look good, wish they were out before I bought the C6 seats, but they can always be sold.

How long before you market these ?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001

How long before you market these ?
The pictures are actually of Sparco Roadster seats. We have bought a pair and designed a mounting method for them to the C5 tracks. We are considering making a pattern to re-cover the Sparco seats in leather. As mentioned at the outset of the thread the actual Sparco seat in leather would be about $900 a piece compared to $1400 for the Caravaggio. We probably would not offer embroidery but we will take pictures at a later date of the Corvette logos from Autographz. Past experience has shown most people who don't want to spend $1400 don't want to spend $900 either so we haven't taken the time to pattern the Sparco yet.

We are also looking into cheaper ways to get the shell without buying the Sparco seat and stripping it. It may take a few months to accomplish that.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The pictures are actually of Sparco Roadster seats. We have bought a pair and designed a mounting method for them to the C5 tracks. We are considering making a pattern to re-cover the Sparco seats in leather. As mentioned at the outset of the thread the actual Sparco seat in leather would be about $900 a piece compared to $1400 for the Caravaggio. We probably would not offer embroidery but we will take pictures at a later date of the Corvette logos from Autographz. Past experience has shown most people who don't want to spend $1400 don't want to spend $900 either so we haven't taken the time to pattern the Sparco yet.

We are also looking into cheaper ways to get the shell without buying the Sparco seat and stripping it. It may take a few months to accomplish that.
Thanks for the info and update. I'll keep an eye out for them.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Launching!

We had custom brackets made to mount the Sparco Roadster seat to the C5/C6 tracks. We are confident this seat will fit in the car but do not know if a wider version can be made without fitment problems. If there is a C5 Vette owner within driving distance of southeast CT who is willing to make the drive and remove one seat and test fit this seat so we can see what the clearance is on each side please pm me.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They look great. Wish I lived closer to you.

Hope somebody volunteers quickly, as I would like to upgrade my seats.

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing Seats - Need Your Opinion