Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Last run today or later this week, then storage :(

Old 11-18-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last run today or later this week, then storage :(

Well its been a lot of fun running my car this last spring, summer, and fall. Sorry I couldn't post more vids but thats the way it goes. Had some very good runs this year. Everything from running Fadi and his freakish c6 zo6 and losing even with the new setup to running several other c6 z's and winning. Go figure. The latest kill was a 2007 c6 with a Lingefelter installed Maggie on top. He made 484 rwhp and runs 12.3 at the track with a shitty 60 time. Ran and beat him 2 out of 3 times. Hope to run him next year after I talk him into putting some LG Motorsporst Pro Longtube Headers on there. At any rate the point of this post was to say thank you to all the people that have made positive responses to my post and hope to hear from you all in the spring when I put black beauty back on the street. Hopefully get more vids posted next year.

Here's a little teaser, I might have a little something extra under the hood next year. Its all a question of money and on going negotiations. Stay tuned.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoy your threads and like to live vicariously through them as I rarely race. Yankee weather sucks man. I feel your pain. My wife is trying to get into med school in the Carribbean in January and if she does I'll have to put my car in storage for a couple of years.

What are you thinking of mod wise, Blower? An F1A or F1C would sound intimidating.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Very nice. Try and get some MT DRs, that should put you in the low low 11s. Hope to line up with you next year
Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

As far as future setup its going to be one several things. Either forge my current motor with some dished pistons, and thicker gaskets to drop compression, also a cam swap for the D1sc, or stay High compression and go with a forged 402 and some spray or just N/A should be able to get 510 rwhp 500 rwtq on motor with the build in mind and 600+ on spray. Finally and last but not least is a forged 402 low compression with a d1sc and a cam swap, this setup would make 600 rwhp easily on motor. At any rate its all a question of money. I got the cash, but I have other things to spend it on now. Just dropped 8 grand on home improvements, leather sectional, granite counters, stainless steele refrigerator, and stove. New blinds, redid bathroom, etc , etc, etc. Believe me I will be using the list as leverage to go get what I want. (Fiance doesn't think I should spend anymore money, lol, its my money) Probably won't happen in 2008, but I forsee a strong possibility in 2009. At any rate I am only considering the new motors due to excessive smoking at start up. Being told that my rings probably don't like how hard I drive the car with all the power its making.

Anyone have any thoughts on stock internals and 490 rwhp 445 rwtq 11.5 to 1 compression and driving the **** out out of it ?? BTW, after about 5-7 minutes of idling the smoke calms down and doesn't smoke anymore then any other aggressively cammed modded car.

Last edited by allngn_c5; 11-19-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Well its been a lot of fun running my car this last spring, summer, and fall. Sorry I couldn't post more vids but thats the way it goes. Had some very good runs this year. Everything from running Fadi and his freakish c6 zo6 and losing even with the new setup to running several other c6 z's and winning. Go figure. The latest kill was a 2007 c6 with a Lingefelter installed Maggie on top. He made 484 rwhp and runs 12.3 at the track with a shitty 60 time. Ran and beat him 2 out of 3 times. Hope to run him next year after I talk him into putting some LG Motorsporst Pro Longtube Headers on there. At any rate the point of this post was to say thank you to all the people that have made positive responses to my post and hope to hear from you all in the spring when I put black beauty back on the street. Hopefully get more vids posted next year.

Here's a little teaser, I might have a little something extra under the hood next year. Its all a question of money and on going negotiations. Stay tuned.

is Fadi still beating you?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Doug, haven't been on here much lately, but I always love your threads. Sucks about storage but I bet you just appreciate your vette all the more when the BEAST COMES OUT.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Doug - Sorry to hear you have to put the beast into hibernation for the winter but it will be worth the wait when you get her out again. Always enjoy talking with you via PM's. Thanks again for your recommendations and I will keep you posted on my buildup. As far as your build up I would recommend getting BLOWN! A forged 347 with a blower specific cam and a D1SC is a great setup for the street but if you decide to step up to the forged 402/403 with a blower I would suggest one of the ECS kits or the F1 Procharger to keep up with the 402/403 OR for a low end torque monster you can wait for a little bit and Magnasun is about to release a Magnacharger 122 kit that will be able to bolt on to a set of L92 heads and there even bigger TVS blower will be available next year! Hope this helps you out and gives you something to think about. PM me if you have any questions and I can set you up with a great Magnacharger guru who is also a dealer and who currently has the prototype Magnacharger 122 bolted to his forged bottom ended LS2 with L92 heads.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn, reading these responses I must be kind of popular. Thanks to everyone. I'll be drinving the car to the gym tonight, maybe I can find a cobra. LOL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Last run today or later this week, then storage :(