Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C6 Kooks installed with a few pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Default C6 Kooks installed with a few pics

I finished it yesterday and loaded the Diablo header tune and it feels like a totally different car. I am amazed at the sound with the stock CB, its so quiet except for the ticking LT's make but it gets real loud @ WOT.

This was the easiest header install I have ever done. I did it in my driveway with 2 ramps and 2 jackstands. Easy.

Here are a few finished pics since I was not going to get out from under the car just to take pics every step of the way.

FYI, those of you wanting the Vararam spacer, it DOES work with the Vararam CAI and the factory accordian air coupler.

The car is getting really quick now and as soon as I install my N20, it should be pretty fun on the street. I love this car!

Here is the original thread when they came in last week.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-external-engine/955917-ups-delivers-my-c6-1-7-8-kooks.html

Stock crap

Old 07-20-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nicely done. couple of cheap but great mods you should look into.

Plug wires(i've had nothing but problems with stock gm plug wires on all models).
And i'd grab a silicone coupler and ditch the factory accordian flew coupler. I know it's there to take some of the "twist" out of when the engine torques over but, it's minimal. I'd grab a silicone coupler, and just tap a small hole in it, to allow for the pipe to plug back into it(the apapter(male piece) coming out of the flew pipe, can be removed, and re-installed. your not gonna make more if any power that'd you'd see on a dyno but, I believe it'll imporve throttle response by a **** hair.

again, looks good man. Coming along nicely. Hopefully your post/pic's/feedback will inspire more people to mod there cars themselves,...and have fun with it.

peace out.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
nicely done. couple of cheap but great mods you should look into.

Plug wires(i've had nothing but problems with stock gm plug wires on all models).
And i'd grab a silicone coupler and ditch the factory accordian flew coupler. I know it's there to take some of the "twist" out of when the engine torques over but, it's minimal. I'd grab a silicone coupler, and just tap a small hole in it, to allow for the pipe to plug back into it(the apapter(male piece) coming out of the flew pipe, can be removed, and re-installed. your not gonna make more if any power that'd you'd see on a dyno but, I believe it'll imporve throttle response by a **** hair.

again, looks good man. Coming along nicely. Hopefully your post/pic's/feedback will inspire more people to mod there cars themselves,...and have fun with it.

peace out.

Yep, Im going to ditch all the factory crap as I progress. Now Im more concerned with getting the A6 trans tuned and saving for the Heads/Intake/Cam and UD pulley. I sold the L76 intake and rockers I had to pick up the Kooks so you dont happen to have a set of l92/l76 offset rockers laying around do you?

DO you know anybody who can tune the trans with HP tuners? I have a few guys from CF but they want me to pull the tcm out of the trans and send it out for a bench tune w/ the 08 software update. I can do it but Id rather just have a guy plug it in and tune it locally. Let me know if you have faith in anybody since Diablo does not seem too confident on an update to tune the A6 yet.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Kooks...I've got 1 3/4". I ran a consistent .25-.3 and 2.5-3 mph after their install. Great sound when combined with my Corsa cat-back.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i've got a set ordered,
how long did the install take...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

where are you guys going for the kooks? Are you using an X pipe? Getting rid of cats?? Price?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
i've got a set ordered,
how long did the install take...

It took me about 4-5 hrs with the car on jackstands in the driveway. My wife even helped slide the gaskets in and start the bolts as I held them up from the bottom. Very easy install.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by greentahoe
where are you guys going for the kooks? Are you using an X pipe? Getting rid of cats?? Price?

I got the best deal from Byunspeed. PM him for a price.

Quick Reply: C6 Kooks installed with a few pics