Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Slop sound coming from rear in C5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slop sound coming from rear in C5?

i drove my car to work today and noticed when i'm up shifting (6spd) when i disengage the clutch after shifting i can hear slop in the rear end of car(sounds like U-joints are shot type sound) and i wasn't sure what i was hearing since there's only 45,000 miles on the car? any ideas?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Launching!

need to put the car in the air, and look at everything. -- but sounds, like the torque tube bushings..

sucks *****.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Banned

Sounds like your muffler bearings.. expensive.

If you have the tq tube out... you might as well do the clutch, tranny fresh, reseal the diff for sure... etc... maybe hardened output shaft on the driver's side, tie rod ends, how's the dif? maybe new wheel bearings, might as well change the gear ratio.... then you need to tune it, etc... how 'bout some frame savers... your rocker panels are getting a little scraped up... and also...
Old 07-30-2008, 02:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

...yeah and since you've already upgraded your whole rear end and tranny might as well beef up the motor too.Throw a nice set of heads on there with a good size cam, and some longtubes, and an intake,intake manifold, and since you will prob run out of fuel how bout some $300 injectors too, and a better oil pump while you're at it to be on the safe side.OH and dont forget to fly-cut the pistons to accomodate the big cam.....and it goes on forever.Damn money pits! lol
Old 07-30-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

um yeah right after i win the lotto........ the left rear axle nut was a tad loose, i re-torqued to 118lbs and fixed the problem.