Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Getting back in the game.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting back in the game.

After driving my budys vette that i did a H/C install on i want back in on the LSX world. I have been driving an 03 dodge cummins with 400hp and 850rwtq but it is still slow by my standerds. I am looking for a 2000+ C5. I did the whole drag car and i loved it but i hated the nose on long trips and just the straight drone from the exhaust.

So other than the basic bolt on's from Off Road X pipe with stock mufflers, LSX manifold, intake and possible i might do some headers and have it dyno tuned but what am i missing.

Last edited by goober35; 09-14-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by goober35
After driving my budys vette that i did a H/C install on i want back in on the LSX world. I have been driving an 03 dodge cummins with 400hp and 850rwtq but it is still slow by my standerds. I am looking for a 2000+ C5. I did the whole drag car and i loved it but i hated the nose on long trips and just the straight drone from the exhaust.

So other than the basic bolt on's from Off Road X pipe with stock mufflers, LSX manifold, intake and possible i might do some headers and have it dyno tuned but what am i missing.
vararam cai,fast 90 setup,ported heads like some 243's or some trickflows, and a cam.......just to name a few things
Old 09-15-2008, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I want to keep this a DD that does not rumble. There was a point in time i was swapping cams every week into my car hell i started out with the original G5 cam witch was one of the biggest cams on the market when it came out. The most i might do is some ported 243 heads from SDPC like i had on my TA and a baby and i mean baby cam something like a 225/225 on a 115 or 116lsa with 570to580ish lift so i have no lope and a smooth idle and i dont have to worry about spring life. Basically i dont want the headache that my TA had with all the power and noise it made

Think of it this way i am older now not old but older now i dont have to beat everyone in a race i just have to satisfy my need to have 400 or so rwhp plus it is a whole lot of fun to stab the fun pedle and blast past some kid in is rice burner.

Quick Reply: Getting back in the game.