Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Strange codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange codes

I have a 02 zo6 mild motor mods. If I get in my car and let the guages cycle completely I have no problems. If I get in and just start the car right away without cycleing the guages I get a traction controll and abs warning light on the info center. And if I shut the car down and let it cycle no codes. Any ideas gentalmen.

Dave
Old 09-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mgbrv8
I have a 02 zo6 mild motor mods. If I get in my car and let the guages cycle completely I have no problems. If I get in and just start the car right away without cycleing the guages I get a traction controll and abs warning light on the info center. And if I shut the car down and let it cycle no codes. Any ideas gentalmen.

Dave
I just went through something similar to this..when I pulled the key & waited, there were no codes..the thing to do, is keep hitting the reset button until you are able to go into manual diagnostics..don't shut the car down..if you are getting warning lights there WILL be codes...same car [02 z06]
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Launching!

check faulty cluster, also check the intermitten loss of communication with the EBCM, check for ebcm codes. car is on a class 2 serial data network, also if you can get your hands on a tech2, go to module DTC list and go into view data, with the tech 2 and then cycle the key, and see if your module looses communication.

from a guy that fixes this crap for a living. good luck. ..

Quick Reply: Strange codes