New best, in the 9s with some video

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Default New best, in the 9s with some video

9.470 @ 143.7 with a fairly soft 1.410 60'. 15 psi with a 91/109 octane mix on radials.

I was going to dial it in for the 10.0 class for AZ Fastest Street Car races but got a wild hair and said **** this 91 octane bullshit. I wanted to set it on kill to see what it really had in it but my laziness prevailed when I saw I still had 3/8 of a tank of 91 oct and didn't want to drain it all out so I just poured in the 5 gal of 109 on top of it. With this octane mix I usually run it at 15 psi and figured it would be good enough for now.

So I get to the track and pull into the tech lane and the tech "inspector" (if you can call him that) comes over and starts looking the car over. He asks me if the numbers on the window are accurate (still had the 10.0 from last time on the back because I am lazy) and I said yes. He gives a little chuckle and says "yea, sure" and gave me a condescending look. I decided to fill out my tech card under the name habanero longpole in hopes of hearing them announce it over the speakers but no such luck, plus he gave me **** for that too even though I put my real name as the driver and signed it as such. He was looking everywhere for a nitrous bottle so I just said it doesn't have nitrous and he looked at me with a stupid look on his face and didn't say anything. When he bent down to look underneath the car I almost stomped him in his mudhole for being a ****. This guy was anti-fun and I hated him. Eventually he was done and told me good luck, I laughed and told him I was going to get kicked out tonight and he rolled his eyes.

I go and park the car for a bit to go and see what cars were there and how the lanes looked. It was kind of busy but not too bad and there weren't many slick cars in the lanes. Then somebody broke on the track and put fluid down so I just sat there and waited while they cleaned it up. I finally said screw it and went to go get my car to get in line because I didn't want to be sitting here all night, I wanted to play with the 2 step settings a bit to work down the 60' and then make a bonzai pass at the end of the night. Well after sitting in the staging lanes for another half hour while they played clean up again I decided that if it stuck on the launch I was going to run it out because I was tired of sitting there already.

They finally get it cleaned up again and start to run the slick lanes so I get everything ready and left the 2 step at 3500 rpm to start. I forget who I was next to but all I heard was his car, it was a mustang or four-eye of some sorts and was loud as ****. I'm on the brake and 2 step watching it count down and right as I let off the button it just barely hit 3500 and dug in hard, I mean not a hint of wheelspin. I just rode it out shifting whenever I would get blinded by the shift light and looked over at the end of the track to see the time. I saw a 9 something and laughed a little bit to myself but you can't really hear it in the video. I was hoping for a 9.80 and that's what I figured it was. When I pulled around to the ticket booth the guy just looks at the time slip and says not even close. I laughed and tried to act surprised and play stupid with my 10.0 comment but when he said 9.47 I was surprised. I asked at the end, does this mean that I can't run anymore? The ticket booth guy laughed and said, no way. So I went to park the car and got mobbed when I got out.

I just wished that I could have seen the tech guy up front and laughed in his face afterwards, but I didn't see him again.

In-car video
http://gonicd.com/videos/9_47_inside.wmv

Outside video
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...7-c7ef813f005d
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice dude thats pretty funny obviously u dont hav it set up to run 9s?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

No, it only techs to a 10.0. Something about driving around on the street with roll bar all around my head doesn't sound enticing.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i dont lik the idea of a rollbar in a street car either but i think id do it to keep runnin 9s lik that