My buddies C5 at atoc on the 6th

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My buddies C5 at atco on the 6th

this is the first time hes run the car and put slicks on it(hasnt raced in three years either). car has much more in it with a better 60ft. he was worried about breaking something lol
and of course the tuning is done by me..i think its a decent start...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKheOyrfT8

Last edited by MattysTA; 12-12-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

good time, .Any specs on the boltons?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

yup he has an ls6 intake, midlength headers,no cats,vararam intake,underdrive crank pully, and a home ported TB...
Old 12-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MattysTA
this is the first time hes run the car and put slicks on it(hasnt raced in three years either). car has much more in it with a better 60ft. he was worried about breaking something lol
and of course the tuning is done by me..i think its a decent start...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKheOyrfT8
Congrats. Video is a great way to see just what the car is doing. (Too bad a ricer was doing a burnout during the vid.) Numbers tell a large part of the story but a picture is worth a 1000 words. I agree that better times are coming once you work out that 60'. I noticed a bog after the launch. This plagued me when I switched over to DRs. Provided that you do not blow the tires off, it is always better to induce very slight wheelspin.
Congrats again.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Congrats. Video is a great way to see just what the car is doing. (Too bad a ricer was doing a burnout during the vid.) Numbers tell a large part of the story but a picture is worth a 1000 words. I agree that better times are coming once you work out that 60'. I noticed a bog after the launch. This plagued me when I switched over to DRs. Provided that you do not blow the tires off, it is always better to induce very slight wheelspin.
Congrats again.

Thanks!, yeah he bogged every run cause of being worried about breaking and also it seemed the more he ran the more nervous he got... i shouldve pulled him out and made a pass for him ..next time im sure he'll do much better when its trailored so he wont have to worry so much about breaking. hopefully my car will be back on the road by then also so i can get to play instead of being the tuner/video guy all day lol
Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I hate when you can't hear the car going down the track cause of someone else's burnout but that was a good run. Bogging and still pulling a low 1.9 60', sometimes its better safe than sorry. But I think he could of launched a tad harder and been good.

Quick Reply: My buddies C5 at atoc on the 6th