Need help on suspension changes

Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help on suspension changes

I'm changing directions with the TA and need some advice on where to start. I've been having issues hooking up at the track lately. High 1.8's and low 1.9's in the 60'. I don't want a full on drag car, but better performance at the track.

All my mods are in the sig, but as far as dragging goes, here's what I'm sure is hurting me the most, and not in a particular order.

-18" wheels
-Ground control coil over springs 140 rear and 440 front
-Bilstein shocks
-over 100 lbs. of magnusson blower under the hood

Things I got that are good so far

-265/40 MT ET streets
-LCA's
-APHB
-Relocation brackets
-SFC's
-Plently of power and low end torque

When the car bogs a little, and takes off, I cut a 2.0, when I get a little spin, I get a 1.9. I don't feel or see the car transferring weight at all, it just shoots forward as opposed to getting up in the air towards the sky. Weight transfer is my biggest issue right now I think.

Anyone got any ideas on where to start handling this? If I ditch the front shocks, I'm going to need new springs because the GC is built around the bilsteins. I still have my stock springs, maybe I could go to those, but I really like the adjustable ride height, it's a really sweet thing and maybe I need to start there. I have some undercarriage issues that keep me from going too low with it.

Where should I start? I want this thing to hook and launch nice. I know my car is a fatass and want to look at smaller and less expensive adjustments that I can grown into later. One day I'll have a 12 bolt, some slicks and skinnies, but I would really like to get faster on these 18's. I could easily make some changes on the rear, not so much on the front though. I do have the stock springs still.....

Here's a slightly older video on BFG's with less sidewall. This was actually a 1.8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivUJiyDajE

Let me know what's up guys
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but will a mod move this to drag tech please?

Search this Thread