Article: Steve Turley's Camaro runs 7.59@197MPH

Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Default Article: Steve Turley's Camaro runs 7.59@197MPH

Steve Turley's of the Ohio Boys racing crew has been going fast since 2001. His current ride, a 1998 Camaro is all about results, and a personal best of 7.59@197MPH shows that he's getting it done:

-->ARTICLE LINK

Old 08-31-2009, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that car is BAD! Nice article too

Wish I had the money to play like that
Old 09-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Banned

Thanks for the article John nice pictures - 7:59 won't be his P/R too long. Milan is this Friday - Norwalk next Friday. Good weather good tracks = new P/R's.

As long as "Party" can line Steve up in the rubber on the track at the line - this car will run quicker. Who knows when? I wish more people attended these events!!

Lots of trial and error - money - and testing has yielded these results with all three cars that run under the Ohio Boys label.

Be safe guys - tugger and I wil see you at Norwalk!!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

This is so funny!

I've never thought many of you took the time - spent the money - made the effort - or kept intouch with each others efforts. Yet we including myself, call ourselves a group. LS1tech

First trips out to the track - what do you think? Always get more attention than one of your quickest D/R cars setting a new P/R - racing in an event - winning or have an article written about them. Makes me sort want to

Ok, better now. I didn't go to an event the folks running your shoot out ran.
Did you understand that statement? I made fun of them for not posting the results. Wonder how they will do your event?

I didn't go to Milan 9-5. Chris, track manager, told me when he would post the results. They came on thier page 9-9. Someone made a comment to me about being able to find the results themselves. I didn't need to post. That made me Not much happened. All three cars ran better. Yep, Mike Brown was back, Turley won. Did you see that - new records Turley won. I didn't post it. That's why I often ended my posts with - you're welcome.

I recently sent a message to a co-founder of this page. I said Mike Brown - Ohio Boy - was having s tough year. I provided some details but also left some info out. I got a one liner back.

Yesterday, I went to National Trail for King of Columbus. Justin Johnson - a Ford with a Chevy was there. Steve and Mark were there. Mike's car wasn't there because the engine went back to the builder.

Those cars ran well. A Nitrous car from PA faced Steve in the finals. I've never seen anythng about that car here. Steve won. I even saw Steve run a 4 something 1/8 mile. Another record!! again

After the race one car when 7 hrs out East. The other car went home. But will be racing again Sunday.

I posted all this information here rather than in the DRAG RACING RESULTS because I knew it would get read much. And to prove my point.

Perhaps few people understand me because I am a Drag Racer............. Drag racers spend money. Drive 7 hr. to a race. Race Friday then again Sunday. In my opinion not many of your read the section..

Someone on LSX magazine made a statement. I mentioned Pat Dakin running at the US Nationals. Running a 3.88. KIDS that's a 3.1 - 1/8 mile. The poster made the comment how nice the Dakin guys were to talk to. This isn't top secret stuff. 99.99999% of true drag racers are.

I'll continue to read this page. You got your wish - won't be posting much. Hell, this thread will perhaps be locked. I might be removed for the third time. I rather go drag racing and talk to my dog at the track than try to do much more here.

Enjoy Jake & Rick

Thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

???? am I missing something here?
Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Uhhhhhhhh
Old 09-17-2009, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-R10-5
This is so funny!

Perhaps few people understand me because I am a Drag Racer.............

I think few people understand you because you post in fragments. You ramble on about the weirdest stuff, none of which ever tie into one another.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

It's a really awesome car anyway - the stuff dreams are made of. (Someday I'll have one just like it!) I think he's trying to say he does not get much of a reaction posting in the Drag Racing Section. Or, maybe we should give more credit/props to those that work so hard for a 7-second car. I know we do in Texas.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
It's a really awesome car anyway - the stuff dreams are made of. (Someday I'll have one just like it!) I think he's trying to say he does not get much of a reaction posting in the Drag Racing Section. Or, maybe we should give more credit/props to those that work so hard for a 7-second car. I know we do in Texas.
Damn, they should make you Moderator here. Perhaps the Director of The Drag Racing Section. How many folks moderate this section? Not enough in my opinion.. Steve Turley, one of hundreds and hundreds of D/R racers - many from this board.

One week he runs a 7:59, improving from the 7:62 he previously ran. Big article here and Planet LSX magazine. The guy goes racing at Milan. He's been racing there for several years. Races there every month. Other members of LS1 Tech race there. Does anyone cover it? Does anyone read Milan's web page? For the record the Turley guy runs a 7:49: WINS the friggen event. That news doesn't make the print here. That angers me. Sorry, if no one can figure that out.

Damn, I don't understand what this guy is saying - or wants to say

I love LS1 Tech. I love the Dreg Racing Section
Old 09-18-2009, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Steve ran a new best, 7.44@198.76mph on September 12th.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Steve ran a new best, 7.44@198.76mph on September 12th.
- Thanks John

And I'll bet that was MIR. The place where there were several LS1Tech racers. That car was on a roll 9-11 in Columbus - Winning

My only wish is WE followed where folks RACED - and more often.

My race dog and I covered the 1/8 mile racing at Ohio Valley Saturday.

6 cars pulled the 3 plus hours to race. At 1 am. with one car still in, one event, we bailed for home.

Anyone who follows Mark should send him a congratz. He ran a new best 5:07 @ 150 1/8 mile. Used every inch of the track at the end too stop!!

be safe have fun
Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 AM
7 Second Club

JR,

Okay, now I get your point. Welcome to drag racing, if you want print or coverage, better do something extra special, unique or race in a highly published series. I've been racing for 18 years, and I've gotten some coverage from the bigger races, but I'm not doing it for the coverage. I do for the fun (although the coverage is fun).

Derek
Old 09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Villain281H
JR,

Okay, now I get your point. Welcome to drag racing, if you want print or coverage, better do something extra special, unique or race in a highly published series. I've been racing for 18 years, and I've gotten some coverage from the bigger races, but I'm not doing it for the coverage. I do for the fun (although the coverage is fun).

Derek
I am almost over the problems I have with this section. Today, I follow the Ohio Boys because it's fun. They have fun. I was at Opening Day of my local strip in 1958. So when they showed up at my track and began racing, I began followed them.

I drive 3-1/2 to 4 hrs monthly to watch. It's almost as much fun as racing myself. No, it's really better because you're always meeting new people. Always seeing new cars and that's fun. Drag racing is still popular. Car counts are normally high at these events - the cars are quick.

I wish more folks at LS1Tech were interested in racing or followed those that do.

This is a case where I've learned from my dogs. When I come home they are always happy to see me. When I go racing I am happy, the folks I went to see are happy, the dog is happy. He barks when he sees the gate at the track. I tried to share the accomplishments I saw with those at LS1Tech in a timely manner. Life here will continue with or without my posts.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

I'll use this article to post the following:

The last Milan race is Friday night 10/2:

The last Norwalk race is the following Friday.

The dog and I are going provided there is no rain. It's worth the drive and the cost to go. Good weather good tracks ='s new P/R's. If you're close plan on attending.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Is Turley/Ohio Boys coming to the LSX Shootout 10/15-18 to run Drag Radial?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Article: Steve Turley's Camaro runs 7.59@197MPH