My weekend at Pinks All Out in Crandall, TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My weekend at Pinks All Out in Crandall, TX

Well first off I had a great time, somewhat dissappointed but it was still fun. Anyway, we took off down to Crandall shooting for a 9.90 (Which I think we easily could have got) but as luck has it "**** happens". All weekend long we had problems with the electric shifter and on top of that the car was on the rev limiter as soon as I went through the 1,000ft.

All in all I KILLED my old best 60' and even got chosen for the wheelstand competition. I knew there was no way we could win, but it was still awesome just to be out there in front of all those people. We also met some great people this weekend.

SO all in all we had a great time besides the fact they should have picked the 10.20 class for the 32 car field .

So here's a bunch of pictures and a couple crappy videos I'd like to share . It's still just a little 370CI with a 150 shot.

First qualifying pass

Second qualifying pass

Wheelie Competition
Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats! Im running next month in Concord so wish me luck. What class did they end up picking?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

I'm glad you had a great time ,man. You car was running strong and representing the " Bowtie Nation " proudly !! We are having a PINKS ALL OUT race here in VA this coming June. I tired to register and couldn't do it ,all the spots were filled in within minutes . I even had 2 computers and 8 windows open to try to register .....LMAO..and still missed it . Oh well ,maybe next time.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:13 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbeast
congrats! Im running next month in Concord so wish me luck. What class did they end up picking?
It was between the high 9's and 11.5's and they ended up picking the high 9.

We went down there shooting for the 9.90's, but could only pull off a 10.2x because of the electric shift problems and being on the limiter at the 1,000ft. So like I said shitty luck was on our side this weekend
Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Luis in the white Camaro along with me (red Firebird) and my one of my best friends (dark metallic red notch Mustang) got in the Final 32. My 1/4-inch change (wrong) to the wheelie bars cost me at least one round more as it went left and I was out of the groove pedalling it. I was the faster car and got him on the armdrop, but, I was not the winning car. Oh, well. Looks like all the weight I added back in (bumpers, airbags, 48# battery, almost full tank of gas, etc.) and 93 octane tune helped out as I knew they were going to pick a 9.3-9.4 class as I had always run in. I ran 9.69 (spun downtrack badly and pedalled it a bunch) and a 9.55 in the nasty headwind.

Track conditions with all the water seepage was scary from the 1/8th-mile on. I frequently had my shift light come on and even hit the limiter spinning on the big end. They need to fix the water issue like right now! Take care. Dave
Old 03-28-2010, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RUQWIKR
Glad to hear you had a great time.

Luis in the white Camaro along with me (red Firebird) and my one of my best friends (dark metallic red notch Mustang) got in the Final 32. My 1/4-inch change (wrong) to the wheelie bars cost me at least one round more as it went left and I was out of the groove pedalling it. I was the faster car and got him on the armdrop, but, I was not the winning car. Oh, well. Looks like all the weight I added back in (bumpers, airbags, 48# battery, almost full tank of gas, etc.) and 93 octane tune helped out as I knew they were going to pick a 9.3-9.4 class as I had always run in. I ran 9.69 (spun downtrack badly and pedalled it a bunch) and a 9.55 in the nasty headwind.

Track conditions with all the water seepage was scary from the 1/8th-mile on. I frequently had my shift light come on and even hit the limiter spinning on the big end. They need to fix the water issue like right now! Take care. Dave
Ok yeah I remember watching that red bird now. You sure made it look easy the way it toted them front tires . I never really had a problem with it spinning at all, but then again 98% of the time I was on the limiter at the damn 330ft.

I've got that SN5070 Shiftnoid electric shifter and for some reason when it tries to shift the 2-3 shift it stays pulled back so I had to slap it up then back to go into 3rd. I don't know whats up with that deal. Also need to get the limiter raised up.

That sucks about going out, but that sure was a nasty head wind this weekend. Imagine if that was a tail wind

So the guy in the white SS that ran the 9.7x's was your buddy? I saw two or three of them but one was running like a bat out of hell and sure looked sharp! Me and my buddies were curious about his set-up, but we were messing with the damn shifter deal the whole weekend and never got it right.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

I was there to watch (my car is too slow to compete right LOL)

Streetsilverado and Ruqwikr + friends all kicked major ***!!!! i was really thinking ya'll all make it far, and that the white ss would at least make finals. I loved the entire weekend/show, but was dissapointed with the final outcome. Oh well. What i can say tho is that GMs dominated the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i ever get into the 10s ill try and get onto pinks
Old 03-28-2010, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Matter of fact, i got video of every race from the all out 32 down to the very end... Anyone oppose to me posting a few of these?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

Go ahead! I'd be glad to see ANY pictures of videos from the race
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 PM
9 Second Club

I just realized how damn dirty my car looks underneath . Maybe I should clean it up some under there now that it shows it in the pictures
Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 PM
9 Second Club

Hey Dave,
Did I give you my email for those videos? Good to see you again. I should have been in the 32 as well. Damn jesels. Oh well.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Banned

saw you guys there...whose white camaro that made it to the top 8 was it? mods?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

Cool

I competed as well and ran 10.30s. Pulled a killer wheelstand in the morning on our first qualifying round. I saw your pewter Camaro there. They had a serious issue with the top end of the track. Either that, or the 30mph winds gave me a tail spin and I had to let off a little to avoid hitting the wall. It was unfortunate. All in all it was a good time, this track was way too small to hold 10,000+ spectators plus racers. This is the 3rd time I've competed and not been chosen for Top 32. Not sure what they want anymore. I get disappointed every time but still come back. I also got an interview on Speedtv.com. Congrats to any LS cars that made it to the final spots!

http://my.speedtv.com/pinks_all_out/...weekends_shoot
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
I competed as well and ran 10.30s. Pulled a killer wheelstand in the morning on our first qualifying round. I saw your pewter Camaro there. They had a serious issue with the top end of the track. Either that, or the 30mph winds gave me a tail spin and I had to let off a little to avoid hitting the wall. It was unfortunate. All in all it was a good time, this track was way too small to hold 10,000+ spectators plus racers. This is the 3rd time I've competed and not been chosen for Top 32. Not sure what they want anymore. I get disappointed every time but still come back. I also got an interview on Speedtv.com. Congrats to any LS cars that made it to the final spots!

FASTTAGURL, ...Saw your car run once from the launch, looked nice.It was water coming out of the cracks in the track from the 1/8th mile on, in BOTH lanes. They were mopping after every couple of runs. Some of us racers were out walking the track Friday night looking at the water and all the chunks out of the only one-year-old track. I spun downtrack every run hard enough to either have the shift light come on again in high gear, and I even hit the rev limiter in the Final 32 run downtrack spinning out of the groove. It was dangerous.

Guys, I met Luis at PINKS in the white Camaro that went to the Final 8. He ran low on nitrous, but, the sandbaggers would have drove around him anyways. A 500+ cube 3-stage nitrous 2300# Opel was a 9.5x-9.9x car?!?!? Anyways, Luis's ride is a 418 iron block with only a 100 shot. He ran 9.81 in the headwind before it became a crosswind. He was on a 325 DR, I was on a 10.5 radial slicks, and my good friend's notchback Mustang (Final 16) was on a 10.5 bias slicks (M/T S's). We all spun downtrack.

Look for me up at PINKS at Heartland Park in Topeka, KS in July. Plenty of cold tasty stuff...red truck, red trailer, red car. Take care. Dave
Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by crb99ws6
Hey Dave,
Did I give you my email for those videos? Good to see you again. I should have been in the 32 as well. Damn jesels. Oh well.

Charles, I did, and good to see you again, too. I've got to get the vids and pics from about 6 different cameras of my friends. I know both of your runs were on at least one of the video cameras.

StreetSilverado, I was having trouble getting the setup right as these were the first runs with tons of weight back in the car, and it was hitting the bars differently than before. I put the car back on the street after PINKS at Ennis and left the weight in, though, the car would be slower (which it was). Looks like it worked out ET wise, but, I had three of 5 runs this weekend go left or right. The two on Saturday for qualifying, luckily, were straight, though, on the first, I had to pedal it. I ran my good friend's Mustang...treed him, outran him on both ends to win our sidebet. He's a great guy and his 334 Ford with only 100-shot ran 9.5x's, too. Take care. Dave
Old 03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

That is cool, congrats
Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

The white camaro is a guy from Arkansas....Assasinz28 is his screen name here on tech...Real good guy...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fasttagurl

Hell yeah, you did a hell of a job too! I walked by your car (and several others) a couple of times each day, but i don't like to be THAT guy that sticks his head in every corner asking a million questions about peoples cars. But it looked awesome from 10 feet lol

Conditions weren't as great as what they tried to sell, i know that top end of the track was nasty. -
Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 PM
9 Second Club

Taken off of dfwstangs.com. Yes, Rich said there was no water, I guess there was no water...look at the attached pic of the Mustang. Guy got big-time hurt even with a full cage.

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...=412465&page=2

Here's my losing run in the Final 32...went hard left...not sure if something was on the track as the last two runs were straight or my 1/4" wheelie bar adjustment did this...listen to me spinning in the water downtrack so bad I hit the rev limiter well after in 3rd. Oh, well. I'm about 2:25 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxXXGzjauoo
Attached Thumbnails My weekend at Pinks All Out in Crandall, TX-mustang-crash1.jpg  
Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

My question is how the hell do you apply to run? I am wanting to run at Norwalk if there are slots available but I can't find where to sign up or contact anyone.

Quick Reply: My weekend at Pinks All Out in Crandall, TX