Took my DD to the strip (08 shelby GT) I'm impressed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Took my DD to the strip (08 shelby GT) I'm impressed!

I have to keep talking about my mustang since it's all I have until the TA's done! Anyways, took it to the local track (lebanon valley) and I was blown away at my times! First run I went through the water box by accident and spun through first and second to finally hook in third and did a 14.4 at 102mph. I was not expecting much after that to be honest.

The next run though I had a good launch and was surprised to see a 13.7 timeslip at 103 with a 2.1 60ft! I beat a Nissan GTR out of the hole haha and then got yelled at for not wearing a helmet at the end of the track!

3rd run I def was not expecting to beat the previous 13.7 on hard as hell factory 235 tires, but I did. It was my best run of the day at a 13.58 at 103mph with a 2.0 60ft. Seeing as how thats the time that motor trend and all the big magazines rates the car at, I didn't think I did too bad. I sure am impressed with this little 4.6 and have the modding bug now. I may do a lightweight driveshaft and some M/T ET streets and go for high 12's!

My bro came as well with his roush supercharged 2007 GT. His time blew me out of the water! His car is just a roush blower at 6PSI, 3.73's, and a catless X pipe. He ripped off a 12.4 at 110mph on M/T ET streets with a 1.8 60ft. I couldn't believe it. The Roush 427R stangs are rated at a 13.0 and his car is identicle in mods.

It was a great time and I can't wait to get the TA up there for hopefully some low 11 second passes when it's done!