New personal best on the stock GSXR 600 (with video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New personal best on the stock GSXR 600 (with video)

Had our track rental at Lebanon Valley today and unfortunately we got rained out early afternoon, but not before getting some passes in (racing started at 10am and I like to give it plenty of time between passes to cool down so I don't smoke the clutch). I did get a new personal best of 11.10 with a new best 60' of 1.85 on this pass. Had a few 11.1's and a couple throw away passes, as well, but the DA was hovering right around where it was the only other time I've gone with a bike (1600 +/- as the clouds moved in and out and back again) and we unfortunately had a 5-10mph headwind carrying those damn rainclouds in.

Wish it hadn't rained since my best car passes were always second half of the day when I got into a groove, but oh well. You take what you can get and hope for a better day next time. I'm happy with the improvement. Even though it was small, I hit a few 11.1's in half a day of racing as opposed to the single 11.1 last time I went for a full day. Consistency is getting there and the new best 60' is also a good sign, although the launch was definitely not perfect. I do think with a better DA and a slightly better launch it's got a 10.9 in it at LVD, but we'll see how it goes.

Enjoy the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMqCSwxu2JM#ws]GSXR 600 1/4 Mile
Old 05-01-2011, 02:06 AM
TECH Veteran

That's pretty good... I'm surprised ts cobra's can't pull you easy with a 125 trap. It has a 10.9 in it for sure with a better 60ft
Old 05-01-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
That's pretty good... I'm surprised ts cobra's can't pull you easy with a 125 trap. It has a 10.9 in it for sure with a better 60ft
It's all about mid range with the bike. TS cars come back hard once you get near 130 mph but keep in mind that I trap 103 in the 1/8 and that doesn't reflect the lower speeds where I'm pulling much harder. Bikes don't pull like cars; they have a VERY strong midrange from about 40ish to 100 or so, then at 115-120ish they start to fall off hard compared to a car (at least 600's do). I bet if a measurement was taken around the point where I'm doing 60-70mph, I'd be pulling a bit harder than a 130+mph car, which is why I typically get out on them from a first gear roll. With TS Cobras, it's all about the 40-130 race. I can usually get out on them from those speeds far enough so they can't catch me by 130, but they are coming back pretty good at that point. Go much faster than 130 and it's game over for a 600 if it's a strong, well-driven TS car.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
It's all about mid range with the bike. TS cars come back hard once you get near 130 mph but keep in mind that I trap 103 in the 1/8 and that doesn't reflect the lower speeds where I'm pulling much harder. Bikes don't pull like cars; they have a VERY strong midrange from about 40ish to 100 or so, then at 115-120ish they start to fall off hard compared to a car (at least 600's do). I bet if a measurement was taken around the point where I'm doing 60-70mph, I'd be pulling a bit harder than a 130+mph car, which is why I typically get out on them from a first gear roll. With TS Cobras, it's all about the 40-130 race. I can usually get out on them from those speeds far enough so they can't catch me by 130, but they are coming back pretty good at that point. Go much faster than 130 and it's game over for a 600 if it's a strong, well-driven TS car.
Yea those 600s move out from lower speeds. FWIW my friends whippled cobra traps 102 in the 1/8th. Every car runs so different thought so its hard to judge. Get that 60ft down to the 1.60s!

Quick Reply: New personal best on the stock GSXR 600 (with video)