Is this pretty good for a stock ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I dont thik its skeptism is it?

His words, not mine, lol... Check where the first sentence where I quoted him.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

ahhh **** my bad long day at work lol
Ok so skip the skeptic bs about my post all the rest still applies
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
ahhh **** my bad long day at work lol
Ok so skip the skeptic bs about my post all the rest still applies
Hehe, long day myself! Totally agree on getting that slip posted!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Steven Hinson
Very nice! Good run OP!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id be inclined to believe a 12.9. also...the stall will make that bitch pull for real. 3200-4000. a 2800 is bullshit. the car can stall to 2200 on the one it has in it currently....you gunna spend all that money for only 600 more rpms? think about it and listen to the people who already have experience in these fields.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
id be inclined to believe a 12.9. also...the stall will make that bitch pull for real. 3200-4000. a 2800 is bullshit. the car can stall to 2200 on the one it has in it currently....you gunna spend all that money for only 600 more rpms? think about it and listen to the people who already have experience in these fields.
A 2800 is fine for someone looking for a tight converter and just want to knock a couple tenths off their 60'. Its also a decent choice for an unbuilt trans or small cam. Yank has their Stealth 2800 for $475, not to bad for what it does. Definitely not going to do what a 3600 or 4k will, and not for me, but good for some.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dannyz
I would like to see that slip too. Even then I am going to be skeptical as to what he says are his listed mod's, and what mod's his car actually has.
Put down the jug of Haterade n take a step back. Another one of your congratulation style posts I see - https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...r-headers.html

"Stock" is referring to the drivetrain. It is stock minus the air lid, cut-out, TUNE and Nittos. We get it right the first time. Don't put your d1ck on backwards and then insult folks.

Last edited by Big Geek; 12-31-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems legit. only thing suspect is the fact that the car only picked up 21 mph on the back half.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steven Hinson
Thanks for posting the slip!

Your car for sure made a good pass on that run. I see that you went to Steele, Al. by the looks of the time slip and the fact that the 1000’ ET is missing. You did not answer the question of when you actually went to the track giving us a chance to get some type of idea of what the DA was that day. What did the car run on the other trips down the track that day?

When I mentioned in my previous post that your stock auto, stock stall and geared WS6 ran a higher MPH than mine, I was wrong. I dug up my time slip when I took our WS6 to Steele and on that day in late November (DA around 300 +/-) it ran a 1.918 60 foot, 5.403 330 foot, 8.258 ET 1/8 mile at 86.41 MPH and 12.759 ET 1/4 mile at 109.79 MPH exactly what your MPH was. On that day the car had a lid, SFC and Nittos and weighed in at 3,620 lbs.

I know that 2002 LS engines benefit a lot from tuning so as I have said all along your car made a great pass. One thing that I am looking at here is your car is a WS6 not a SS or Z/28 which are usually lighter than WS6’s. I8UR4RD said your car stall’s to 2,200 RPM’s is that on the footbrake? Could it possibly have a small converter in it that may have been put in it before you became the lucky owner of it?

When the Formy had the stock trans and stall in it with the stock engine, LS1 intake, lid, LT’s and full tune at 3,666 lbs. and made 320 HP to the rear wheels I could never get it below 8.30’s and it would never stalled to 2,200 RPM’s.

Your auto covered the last 1/8 mile gaining 22.20 MPH and our 6 speed gained 23.38 MPH which makes since.

N2

Last edited by N2RACINGLS1's; 12-31-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Ok, I'm going to break this down Sesame Street style for the arm chair analysts. As posted the car is STOCK with the exception of the items mentioned and is at full weight. The passes are as follows - 12.66@108.72/ 12.62@109.19/ 12.60@109.52 before the 12.5 pass. The car kept picking up as we continued getting more aggressive with the tune. The DA (Going by memory) was -1100ft. or so according to the Android app. "Drag Racing Workbench". and the passes were at Montgomery Motorsports Park. He doesnt bring it up hard against the convertor, just enough to take any slack out of the ring and pinion. There were an azz of folks there watching so if you believe it fine, if not tough ****. If you have the same modifications done and your **** is slower then STEP YOUR GAME UP SON!!! Why am I posting; because I am the tuner.

Last edited by Big Geek; 12-31-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice

With those mods and a good tune and 60ft
Those times are good
Old 12-31-2011, 08:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Geek
Ok, I'm going to break this down Sesame Street style for the arm chair analysts. As posted the car is STOCK with the exception of the items mentioned and is at full weight. The passes are as follows - 12.66@108.72/ 12.62@109.19/ 12.60@109.52 before the 12.5 pass. The car kept picking up as we continued getting more aggressive with the tune. The DA (Going by memory) was -1100ft. or so according to the Android app. "Drag Racing Workbench". and the passes were at Montgomery Motorsports Park. He doesnt bring it up hard against the convertor, just enough to take any slack out of the ring and pinion. There were an azz of folks there watching so if you believe it fine, if not tough ****. If you have the same modifications done and your **** is slower then STEP YOUR GAME UP SON!!! Why am I posting; because I am the tuner.
Seem to be getting a little defensive there Big Geek but thanks for breaking it down for all of us simple minded folks since Steve came on LS1 Tech as a newbie and only posted minor details causing folks to ask questions, which one could only assume was what he wanted when he started this thread.

Thanks for providing everyone with all the good info!

-1,100 DA is awesome to take your car to the track and make some passes in, especially if you take your tuner with you! Since you stated that you are the tuner care to share that aggressive tune with the few remaining folks out there that are still running stock LS engines with only a lid and cutout. Most folks on this board actually try to help each other. If I comprehend your post correctly your tuning efforts knocked the car down a whole 9 hundreds of a second from 12.66 to 12.57, good job.

As far as cars having the same mods being slower, I do not remember anyone in this thread having the same mods as the subject car has on it, so oh well. I mentioned in my previous post that the Formy only ran 8.30’s with the stock engine with a LS1 intake not a LS6 intake and stock power train at 320 HP to the rear wheels on bias ET Streets and I certainly never got to run it in -1,100 DA. Now it runs 6.60’s stock cubed NA, so I guess you are not the only tuner on the board.

Happy New Years! Congrats again to the thread starter.

N2
Old 12-31-2011, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's
Seem to be getting a little defensive there Big Geek but thanks for breaking it down for all of us simple minded folks since Steve came on LS1 Tech as a newbie and only posted minor details causing folks to ask questions, which one could only assume was what he wanted when he started this thread.

Thanks for providing everyone with all the good info!

-1,100 DA is awesome to take your car to the track and make some passes in, especially if you take your tuner with you! Since you stated that you are the tuner care to share that aggressive tune with the few remaining folks out there that are still running stock LS engines with only a lid and cutout. Most folks on this board actually try to help each other. If I comprehend your post correctly your tuning efforts knocked the car down a whole 9 hundreds of a second from 12.66 to 12.57, good job.

As far as cars having the same mods being slower, I do not remember anyone in this thread having the same mods as the subject car has on it, so oh well. I mentioned in my previous post that the Formy only ran 8.30’s with the stock engine with a LS1 intake not a LS6 intake and stock power train at 320 HP to the rear wheels on bias ET Streets and I certainly never got to run it in -1,100 DA. Now it runs 6.60’s stock cubed NA, so I guess you are not the only tuner on the board.

Happy New Years! Congrats again to the thread starter.

N2
One, no **** Sherlock, I have been here long enough to know what kind of board this is. Two, NO I'm not sharing a tune that has taken me years to perfect for stock cam cars. Three, I never said I was the only tuner/mechanic on here. Four, if you took offense to what I said then tough. It was aimed at the folks claiming that he was lying about what was done to his car. If you didn't then you shouldn't have been offended. Five, for your info it dropped from a 13.26@104 (Stock tune) to a 12.66@108.7 (Initial tune). Add that up. The times I listed were after the tune was initially loaded, then more tweaking. Just so you don't get confused anymore it went from a 13.26@104 to a 12.57@109 with a tune. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. Six, I'm happy for you that your car runs as it does. Lucky number seven, I'm out so I can go chill with my peeps including the O.P., Happy New Years!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Big Geek; 12-31-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 PM
9 Second Club

Big Geek, wow you really told me and set me straight! Speaking of Sherlock we just saw that movie a few days ago, it was pretty good.

I took no offense to what you said. I did just like you and jumped into to a thread and noticed you ragging on a few folks. The great thing is I do not know them just like I do not know you, "Jug of Hatred (spelled it correct for you)" "Sesame Street Style" "Step up your Game Son" those were some good ones.

I never expected you to share any of your secrets with the folks on the board, it was a joke. It seems like some of the other posters in this thread are running just as good as the car that you tuned so it looks like the secret is out on stock cam tunes.

Steven, I hate that I was a part of hijacking your thread. Let’s get back on topic, welcome to LS1 Tech and yes your car runs great for the minor modifications that have been done to it so far. I hope you continue to have fun with it in 2012. As I stated in my previous post your car ran .18 faster in ET and the same MPH than my WS6 that had a lid and Nitto drag radials with no tune or exhaust cutout on it and when you can get a stock stalled auto to better a manual car that is most likely a little lighter than your car than you have it working for sure!

Good luck and be safe!

N2
Old 01-01-2012, 04:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

One, no **** Sherlock, I have been here long enough to know what kind of board this is. Two, NO I'm not sharing a tune that has taken me years to perfect for stock cam cars. Three, I never said I was the only tuner/mechanic on here. Four, if you took offense to what I said then tough. It was aimed at the folks claiming that he was lying about what was done to his car. If you didn't then you shouldn't have been offended. Five, for your info it dropped from a 13.26@104 (Stock tune) to a 12.66@108.7 (Initial tune). Add that up. The times I listed were after the tune was initially loaded, then more tweaking. Just so you don't get confused anymore it went from a 13.26@104 to a 12.57@109 with a tune. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. Six, I'm happy for you that your car runs as it does. Lucky number seven, I'm out so I can go chill with my peeps including the O.P., Happy New Years!!!!!!!!!!
Dude. Take it easy.
World is full of people who are skeptic's.
Can you imagine if everyone accepted as fact everything that is stated on this forum?
Stories would get pretty far-fetched in short order. Do you honestly believe
people would police themselves?
Really?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s346k
seems legit. only thing suspect is the fact that the car only picked up 21 mph on the back half.
nm someone must've been seeing double last night ha.

tunes will do quite a bit for these cars. geek, do you recall the factory timing and a/f ratio? my m6 99 car had 24* timing and an a/f of 12.6:1 with a lid and weld in muffler. it also trapped 87.99 in the 1/8 like that, etd 8.29 on a 1.96 60'.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Take it easy friend. Nice work tuning OP's car. Mine is also running the 1/4 at 12.5/110 mph and 8.0/89 mph in the 1/8th. All I have is an off dyno tune, lid, cat-back, and fwiw a ported TB. Still on street tires. I've had LS1s in the past with much more done, tuned by the same guy, that wouldnt run 12.5, so I can understand the skepticism from some.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

N2racingls1s, big geek said HATERADE. not Hatred...jug of HATERADE, like GATORADE! lol
Old 01-03-2012, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by moge11
N2racingls1s, big geek said HATERADE. not Hatred...jug of HATERADE, like GATORADE! lol

Drink Goldschlager instead. It'll make you the ballinest fool on the planet cause it makes yo dookie twankle mayne!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Is this pretty good for a stock ls1?