WoW horrible times first time out.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WoW horrible times first time out.

First and foremost, I sucked at driving my car at the track. First time with a car with a six-speed. I went to the local track, I ran several 12.70, several 12.72. MPH were from 110 to 116. I think this is horrible given that I have a Procharged LS1 Camaro with full boltons. My car is lowered 1.5 with Eibach sportlines springs and has AGX adjustable shocks all the way around. I was on pretty new Nittos DR on stock ZR1 wheels. I noticed my right rear fender had a lot of rubber from the burnouts and the left fender did not. My tire pressure was at 25 psi. I have no suspesion mods, would they make that much of a difference? My sixty were from 2.05 to a 2.55 (last pass when grip was gone). Car is full weight with 510 Hp on 10 psi, only saw about 6 psi due to belt slip. Plan on going back in a month with a new Torque arm, relocation brackets and control arms. Anything else I can do?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

That is really low for the power you're making, maybe try lowering your launch rpm
Old 03-11-2012, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lowerd cars suck @the track for weight transfer ! Take out you front sway bar and let the tires down to 18 psi rear and put like 45 psi in the front and do a good burn out !
Old 03-11-2012, 07:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts

Get that posi fixed.

Try leaving from an idle rolling into the gas fast...but not too fast to blister the tires.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Think the posi is jacked? I guess I can take the cover off and check. Can't wait to go back and try more runs.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

suspension mods will make a world of difference..your 60' time should be atleast 1.5 or better to get the full potential out of your car. Thats half a sec right there. 18psi is a good place to start like another said, I usually run 14 to account for the burnout/run getting heat in the tires. It hooks hard and is still stable. May want to check the posi as that will also make for some crap 60s. Its good to go around waterbox and back in so as not to get water on the front tires. Spin the tires over once in the waterbox and move forward a few feet. Rev high and do a burnout for approximately 5 sec keeping rpm constant. With that type of burnout you should be able to leave around 3 or higher without much spinning..if not you'll def need some suspension mods. Truly u need to get a set of drag springs and shocks. If you have adj gas shocks in the rear set them about halfway maybe a bit tighter initially as that worked for me but I have drag springs/shocks in the front and its all relative.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey man, it was nice meeting you last time out!

The problem is likely not the posi itself. The way the staging lanes are set up with that 90* turn there often isn't enough roll out through the water box to let the differential lock up.

I have to either get in the left lane and swing as far back as I can so I have more space to roll forward straight into the box or back up several feet and then pull straight forward. Otherwise it tries to spin only 1 wheel.

Also, my nittos worked best at 17-18psi with either a long first gear burnout or shifting into 2nd (I'm an auto, not sure if you can with a manual).

Try to get your runs either as soon as they start letting people run or try to follow up a big tire car. If you race behind a street tire car or a *** in a diesel with dangling truck nuts they will tear up the rubber on the launch pad.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Ok thanks alot for the info, should be going in April but to ozark raceway in rogersville.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WoW horrible times first time out.