AT LAST! We can Tune this thang!

Old 09-13-2013, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AT LAST! We can Tune this thang!

Switched over to OBD1 a couple of weeks ago and with it a new tune, much more aggressive on the low end, with the same snappy throttle response the car had on the old 350 setup, RIPPIN' through the gears, and even more so with the dumps opened up…

Sadly the shift points were extended a tad beyond power curve and she'd roll over and slam up against the limiter… until she finally shifted up, zip through that gear and repeat.

WELL FINALLY! After all these years, I have just received this very afternoon, my copy of TunerCat and the Logging program… and a new .bin file from the Tuner (Moe Bailey) adjusting the SP back a notch.

So, this week end marks a brand new era for us, in having SOME control over the tune of this engine and fellas, I cannot WAIT to get started.

I just bought another Laptop to use exclusively for tuning, and it's updating now and preparing for the download of the respective software… and after that, it's time for school.

Anyone got any experience with TC and Datamaster… who'd like to offer the keys to a successful launch for a neophyte?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AT LAST! We can Tune this thang!