Fastest running nitrous car - LS1TECH

Log In 


Drag Racing Results Track Times | Records | Testing Info
Timeslip Database CLICK HERE

Fastest running nitrous car

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2004, 07:44 AM   #1
7 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
10.5 Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Grove City Ohio/Port Washington L.I sometimes
Posts: 2,064
Default Fastest running nitrous car

Anyone know what the fastest currently running gen 3 based nitrous car is.Eastside sold their car and parts of ARE's old engine are on my car's engine.Et,mph and race weight #'s would be appreciated.

Last edited by 10.5 Dave; 10-04-2004 at 04:44 PM.
10.5 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #2
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Navy David SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 4,648
Default

Believe it would be Tanner. 9.6's at 135+. But I'm sure he'll see this and give the actual data.


Edit: just found his trend: 9.49 at 144+mph. See his trend half way down the page


David
Navy David SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:50 PM   #3
8 Second 6 Speed Director
iTrader: (6)
 
taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Posts: 3,278
Default

lol!!! everyone is going turbo or just staying motor

as David mentions it i think he is right? i don't know of too many n2o cars running stupid fast, hmmm have to put some thought into that one. i think they are all holding back for Thunder, yeah yeah thats the ticket

Roofer Dave,

are you going to Thunder? hope to see you with your beast! i hope you have it back in time and is working well!

9.49 @ 144.39 mph, 1.30 60' 3380 #'s...banging gears the whole way
taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #4
7 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
10.5 Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Grove City Ohio/Port Washington L.I sometimes
Posts: 2,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taner
lol!!! everyone is going turbo or just staying motor

as David mentions it i think he is right? i don't know of too many n2o cars running stupid fast, hmmm have to put some thought into that one. i think they are all holding back for Thunder, yeah yeah thats the ticket

Roofer Dave,

are you going to Thunder? hope to see you with your beast! i hope you have it back in time and is working well!

9.49 @ 144.39 mph, 1.30 60' 3380 #'s...banging gears the whole way
The turbo cars will be hard to keep up with.I hope to make Thunder,but given my history I'm not getting too excited just yet.We "should " be at Norwalk on the 23rd shaking the car down.I hope to see myself with the beast also,behind the wheel doing a T-brake launch on a 300 shot.
10.5 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #5
8 Second 6 Speed Director
iTrader: (6)
 
taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Posts: 3,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
The turbo cars will be hard to keep up with.I hope to make Thunder,but given my history I'm not getting too excited just yet.We "should " be at Norwalk on the 23rd shaking the car down.I hope to see myself with the beast also,behind the wheel doing a T-brake launch on a 300 shot.
glad to hear it! are you sure you want to transbrake that sucker on a 300 pill first time out!!! be sure to swap on a pair of depends!
only 19 days away, hope the weather holds up for you!
taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
TECH Junkie
 
Ben R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 3,726
Default

I heard a rumor that a Blue Z28 here in Houston went a 9.31 with nitrous.
Ben R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:12 PM   #7
8 Second Club
iTrader: (10)
 
LTLHOMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,522
Default

I know of a certain red 383 z from the great white north that went 9.0 @ 163 w/ a spinning 1.5x 60ft a year or two ago. Hell that was an lt1 w/ class limited -4an line and 28x12.5 et streets.
LTLHOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:51 AM   #8
8 Second 6 Speed Director
iTrader: (6)
 
taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Posts: 3,278
Default

its a shame Vince's car isn't back together!
taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:54 AM   #9
7 Second/200 MPH Club
iTrader: (5)
 
CorvetteMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fort Salonga, NY
Posts: 456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
Anyone know what the fastest currently running gen 3 based nitrous car is.Eastside sold their car and parts of ARE's old engine are on my car's engine.Et,mph and race weight #'s would be appreciated.

I am still up and running strong with Ls6 heads. A new motor is in the works for next season look out
CorvetteMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #10
8 Second Club
iTrader: (10)
 
LTLHOMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taner
its a shame Vince's car isn't back together!
Yeah we both had similar experiences in that realm. All I know is when his next combo is done, people won't know what to do w/ themselves. That is all.
LTLHOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #11
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Strong Island, NY
Posts: 4,589
Default

My fastest run to date is 9.40. My car is currently receiving a 10 pt cage and some serious weight reduction. I plan on beating fire out of it w/ in the next month and getting that 8 second pass!
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #12
8 Second 6 Speed Director
iTrader: (6)
 
taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Posts: 3,278
Default

good to know i am not alone! lol!!!!
taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:51 AM   #13
7 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
10.5 Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Grove City Ohio/Port Washington L.I sometimes
Posts: 2,064
Default

Anyone other than Taner heading to Thunder?Big Mike and Majorspray I forgot about you guys.Looks like you two should see even better times with the mods planned.Taner the 300 jets are the smallest that can be used on a TNT DP as far as I know.It would be nice to start out with a smaller hit,but if need be I'm sure Kurt wouldn't mind to drive it at first.He's licensed and very experienced,I have never driven a single digit ET car before.I learn quick though.
10.5 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:22 AM   #14
8 Second 6 Speed Director
iTrader: (6)
 
taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Posts: 3,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
Anyone other than Taner heading to Thunder?Big Mike and Majorspray I forgot about you guys.Looks like you two should see even better times with the mods planned.Taner the 300 jets are the smallest that can be used on a TNT DP as far as I know.It would be nice to start out with a smaller hit,but if need be I'm sure Kurt wouldn't mind to drive it at first.He's licensed and very experienced,I have never driven a single digit ET car before.I learn quick though.

Dave,

you can always get smaller jets!!!!!!! my pro shot fogger is rated 250 and up, i bought smaller jets to run in it, yeah sure the solenoids can push alot more but my 125 hit netted me a 10.14 pass at 137 with very little traction if you need a driver just let me know, lmao!!!!
taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:27 AM   #15
7 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
10.5 Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Grove City Ohio/Port Washington L.I sometimes
Posts: 2,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taner
Dave,

you can always get smaller jets!!!!!!! my pro shot fogger is rated 250 and up, i bought smaller jets to run in it, yeah sure the solenoids can push alot more but my 125 hit netted me a 10.14 pass at 137 with very little traction if you need a driver just let me know, lmao!!!!
Kurt will probably get some seat time initially to test his work.I plan on driving the car,just not the first couple times down the track.I'm going to investigate the smaller jets more.A 150-200 shot would be alot better to start with.
10.5 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #16
TECH Junkie
 
Ben R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 3,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
Anyone other than Taner heading to Thunder?Big Mike and Majorspray I forgot about you guys.Looks like you two should see even better times with the mods planned.Taner the 300 jets are the smallest that can be used on a TNT DP as far as I know.It would be nice to start out with a smaller hit,but if need be I'm sure Kurt wouldn't mind to drive it at first.He's licensed and very experienced,I have never driven a single digit ET car before.I learn quick though.
There will be at least 3 single digit nitrous powered cars at Thunder Shootout that are coming from Houston. I wouldn't be supprised to see 5 or 6 out there though.
Ben R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:36 AM   #17
8 Second 6 Speed Director
iTrader: (6)
 
taner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Posts: 3,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
There will be at least 3 single digit nitrous powered cars at Thunder Shootout that are coming from Houston. I wouldn't be supprised to see 5 or 6 out there though.
awesome!!! the more the merrier!!!
taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:08 AM   #18
8 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
Mr Powell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Friendswood
Posts: 10,121
Default

9s.. I wish I could get in that area
Mr Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:08 AM   #19
8 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
Big Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,706
Default

From Houston alone there will be probably be atleast five or six 9 second and faster cars in attendance. Actually there should be more then that, cause I count 5 sitting in the shop now
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:16 PM   #20
TECH Junkie
 
Ben R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 3,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Powell
9s.. I wish I could get in that area
Correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but you're still more than half a second away from a 9 second time aren't you?

Ben R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Congrats to Heinz Schenk and Morel..Worlds Fastest Street Car.. Cstraub Generation III Internal Engine 1 06-12-2015 07:08 AM
Fastest Nitrous only ls1 F-body donedidit Nitrous Oxide 30 09-20-2011 10:23 AM
Nitrous Outlet is giving away Free Money! Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet Nitrous Oxide 80 12-10-2009 12:50 AM
The "Fastest" List dlove Drag Racing Results 0 04-06-2009 04:22 PM
Fastest LSx nitrous Car in the world?? Mr Powell Nitrous Oxide 103 08-18-2005 02:43 PM


Tags
105, 4an, automatic, body, car, fastest, hard, line, nitrous, nitrouscar, outlaw, running, shot, stock, suspension

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.