Thanks Sammy Vedros for the extra exposure in the latest GMHTP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks Sammy Vedros for the extra exposure in the latest GMHTP!!!!

Now put that Lt1 in a 4th gen f-body ,add 200lbs to meet weight minimum and come take the title!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read that in the latest issue this past weekend..Its about time the mag gave some decent race coverage to one of the LS1 series races..I was about to let my suscription run out ill this issue arrived..
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

This is all my fault Joe. He has never gotten over that sticker that I had made for you. It must have hurt his feelings . Luckily, I am a peacemaker and have come up with a solution

Sammy, I have just gotten off of the phone with a local sticker maker. Here is what we have come up with.

WORLDS QUICKEST BACK HALVED, FOUR LINK, TUBBED, 69 FBODY WITH A N/A LT1

It was very expensive. Good news though, GMHTP has offered to pay for half. They said it was well worth it if it would stop the sobbing phone calls and whiney emails. the other problem is the size . It ended up being almost 5 feet long. I think if we cut it in half, we can put half on the front windshield and the other on the rear. This will actually help because it was way too much for anyone to read at one time anyway.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

That there is funny!
Old 06-11-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Woundering If Joe Is Going To Show Up At The Shoot Out This Year.
Since He Is Going To Have To Defend He Title
Old 06-11-2005, 11:24 PM
9 Second Club

Umm r u we todd did?

He shows at every event no one else shows up to

~GrannySShifting
Old 06-11-2005, 11:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by litreddevil
Woundering If Joe Is Going To Show Up At The Shoot Out This Year.
Since He Is Going To Have To Defend He Title

If Thunder is on again this year...without a doubt I WILL be there....I have NO PROBLEM defending anything...
Old 06-12-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

I Thought the sticker use to read " Fastest N/A Lt1 in the world " or something like that.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
I Thought the sticker use to read " Fastest N/A Lt1 in the world " or something like that.

SOMETHING LIKE THAT
Old 06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Joe Overton
Now put that Lt1 in a 4th gen f-body ,add 200lbs to meet weight minimum and come take the title!!!!
O.K JOE
YOU ARE SAYING THAT MY 4 LINK AND BIG TIRES ARE THE REASON I BEAT U
SINCE U DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DRAG RACING LET GIVE U A LITTLE DRAG RACING 101 .A 4 LINK IS DESIGN TO MAKE THE CAR HOOK ON THE STARTING LINE,IT DOES NOT MAKE THE CAR FASTER,AND FOR THAT MATTER THE TIRES DO THE SAME THING AND THEY ACTUALLY SLOW THE CAR DOWN THROGH THE 1/4 MILE.WHEN WE RACED U RED LIT LEFT BEFORE ME YOU RAN A BETTER 60' THAN ME,AND I STILL PASSED U UP BEFORE THE END.I GUESS IT WAS THE AERODYNAMICS OF 67 CAMARO THAT DID IT NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER.
A IF YOU REALLY WANT ME TO I WILL PUT MY MOTOR IN A 4 GEN I WILL.JUST TO SHOW U.SAME WEIGHT,SAME TIRES.

ONLY ONE CONDITION YOU PUT FACTOR HEADS & INTAKE,AND REMOVE THEM OLD SCHOOLSB CHEVY HEADS AND CARB STYLE INTAKE SINCE WE ARE RACING LT1.I HAVE FACTOR GM HEADS WITH 202 AND 157 AND A FACTOR STYLE INTAKE. LIKE U WANT APPLES TO APPLES.AND REMEBER THE FUEL CHECK NO ALCHOL IN THE TANK THIS YEAR.
SORRY I COULD NOT FINE A RED 94 T/A.INSTEAD I HAVE A 94 Z28 IS ALL I COULD FIND.SO PULL THOSE AFR'S OLD SCHOOL HEADS & INTAKE AND COME ON DOWN FOR THE SHOOT OUT AND U WILL GO HOME SAD AGAIN.
AND JUST INCASE YOU DON'T WANT TO BUILD A REAL LT1,THAT 67 WILL BE
THERE TO TO BEAT U AGAIN U PICK WHAT CAR U WANT TO GET BEAT BY.
AND FOR 9.32 TO 9.36THAT IS NOT CORRECT THE SAME DAY SAME TRACK MY BEST WAS9.35 TO JOES 9.49 THAT IS .14 QUICKER.FOR AS ME CALLING GMHTP AND CRY I DID NOT CRY I CALLED BECAUSE JOE WENT THERE AND DID A PHOTO SHOOT AND DID NOT TELL THE TRUTH,THAT HE HAD JUST GOT BEATEN BY A REAL LT1
SAMMY
Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 AM
Teching In

geez, i think u need to lay off the racing 101 and read up on some english 101
Old 06-14-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Until you put your LT1 in a 4th gen sans the 4 link, its just as gay as putting a LT1 in a rail car and going "yeehaw dats fazt!"

LT1 block front mount distributor, in a 4th gen stock style suspension. Bring that shat to Thunder. GM has the intake in the parts catalog so go get you one
Old 06-14-2005, 01:49 PM
9 Second Club

Well well well... and just to Clarify I ran a 9.40 @142 mph that saturday same night you ran 9.32 ( ask Lee I ran him) or was it a 9.35 saturday??? and on Sunday by the way there was no alchohol in the tank... I did like the slight of hand however that you ran 144mph ,Like to see a copy of that phantom slip....IF you actually ran 144 that is.... Cause it wasnt on that 9.32 pass..Hell If I remember right you barely ran 140 all day sunday..and I was running over 140 with a f-up rear ...HMMMMM

Drag racing 101 your car isnt even in the same class, even if it were in another sanction... Thunder rules and come get it...Oh wait I remember now..You use to have that engine in a f-body ..so what happened ???? I know ..You couldn't get it to work so you put it in that back halved 2800 lb camaro... stop crying Same weight ,same chassis it wouldnt even be a close race.....I'm just suprised how I got this stock suspended lil tire,and heavy ole th400, climbing all over that 4link back halve car carrying less weight through a glide.... So I certainly hope you are ready, cause even that back halve car is going down... I damn near did it in 92* heat ( around 3100' DA)the other day , ashame I got a late start this year

PS. James ( quickshot) said he'll bring you your sticker(s) when we come down...

IF you READ the cover ONCE again..Nevermind,Maybe you missed it so I'll clarify!

Naturally Aspirated!!!!
Stock suspension!!!!

wait let me add a few
Less Cubes!!!!
more Weight!!!!
Less Tire!!

Fuel check No problem!!!
Same weight, so Bring ballast!!!
Footbrake Pro tree!!!!

Last edited by Joe Overton; 06-14-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Joe I can't make any promises. We are scouring the entire country for enough materials. We have also contacted guiness and have a pending world record. At least if he loses, he will have something to brag about.

The peacemaker,
James
Old 06-14-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Since You Can't Build A Factor Lt1,i Guess You Will Get Beat By The Blue Camaro With A Set Of Factor Gm Heads,& Intake.
SAMMY
Old 06-14-2005, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by litreddevil
Since You Can't Build A Factor Lt1,i Guess You Will Get Beat By The Blue Camaro With A Set Of Factor Gm Heads,& Intake.
SAMMY
Since you can't get an LT1 to run in a 4th gen with stock style suspension, I guess you will be crushed by one. That reminds me, I forgot to add "FACTOR GM HEADS, & INTAKE" to the sticker. Holy ****, we are going to have to cut down a forrest for this damn sticker
Old 06-14-2005, 08:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quickshotkimber
Since you can't get an LT1 to run in a 4th gen with stock style suspension, I guess you will be crushed by one. That reminds me, I forgot to add "FACTOR GM HEADS, & INTAKE" to the sticker. Holy ****, we are going to have to cut down a forrest for this damn sticker

Thats what I'm saying... Got to have some excuse for that back halve car that weighs 200 lbs less ... I mean what would i run at that weight???? duh!
Like I said bring ballast, since we cant mock factory suspension to be equal!!!! If we want to truly see whom has the quickest fastest or whatever n/a lt1, then we need to carry same weight at least.... I'm still wondering when he ran 144 mph,,,cause it didnt happen ??? I mean geez your engine is bigger and its in a car that doesnt have an excuse for not hooking up,let alone carrying alot less weight,,,What do I have to lose?

I run a oem stock timing chain and oem stock 94 optispark on my stock oem block .... gee I'm special

See you in La.

Last edited by Joe Overton; 06-14-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Sammy did you get a discount on capital letters for your keyboard?
Here we only capitalize the first letter of each sentence.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Since You'll Are On The Sticker Trip I Guess I Can Get One Made For You And Your Followers."that Back Halve 4 Link 200 Lbs Lighter 1st Gen".since You'll Keep Going There.

So Joe Was Is The Fastest You Ever Been With Your Car With Stock Stle Intake And With Out The Afr Heads.

Sammy Is Willing To Put His Motor In A 4 Gen If You Are Willing To Put Same Heads And Intake.
Same Weight
Same Stle Car
Ci Would Be The Only Difference And It Wouldn't Be Much Difference

The Question Is Do You Want To Try Your Luck Are,or You Scared.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Run what you brung, and an LT1 record belongs in a 4th gen car, just like an LS1 record car belongs in a newer one period. Cant wait to see the two of you run though, good luck, out!

Quick Reply: Thanks Sammy Vedros for the extra exposure in the latest GMHTP!!!!