Time runs at your bracket events

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time runs at your bracket events

So how do they run time runs at your tracks.
Great lakes my home track has there 2 set runs an thats it. I like it cuz I dont get all worked up having a pile of slips and a few off times to wonder about.
Our division races the last 2 years have had a couple runs on friday and saturday, along with gamblers races but come sunday no runs befor elemination. Make round 1 a hoot mainly cuz the weather has never been close from saturday to sunday! In 04 at finals the weather changed soo much from one day to the next I went into round 1 having to dial faster than the car has ever ran. Kinda wierd going over the notes and seeing you have to dial a number your gut says the car cant run, but then dose!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:16 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most of the track we run at, you get 2 TT. Now if time allows we will get a 3rd TT.

The NHRA bracket final in Division 4, you get 2 TT's on Friday and 1 on Saturday(no bracket race).

The IHRA finals you get 2 TT's on Friday with a$2500.00 to when gamblers race. Saturday 2 TT's with another $2500.00 to win gamblers race Sunday no TT's just run baby.

Our weather station does wonders for dialing the car with or without TT's.

Coach
Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At our track open time trials for a one day event or the first day of a 2 day event are for a set period of time and you can make as many passes as you would like. On the 2nd day of a 2 day event only new entries can make passes unless time permits more.

John
Old 05-03-2006, 11:21 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gainesville Raceway usually nets between 2-4 time runs based on # of cars, and I usually try to make a shot in each lane to see how my lights are, how the car runs, etc. Lanes are open from 5 pm til 7 pm (when they close the back up; if you are in the lanes by then, you get one last shot). We then run dial-for-dollars ($10 entry, closest to the dial without a break-out wins the pot, which is split 50-50 with the track keeping the balance to help out the E.T. finals team and the banquet at the end of the year) if you need one more shot.

Division 2 E.T. Finals are usually done this way:

Thursday - 2 time shots, then optional gambler's race.
Friday - 2 time shots, then race of champions.
Saturday - dial her for 1st round, no time shots!

Derek