made some passes

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default made some passes

up here i ran at the local flashlight drags. its about 1/8 mile or so. i was in total street trim riding on 20s. wasnt sure of doing it since i was leary about breaking but did it anyways.

1st race......ran a 69 malibu i feather it untill i was bout 30mph and floored it. broke them loose shifted 2nd spun but kept pulling, spun partial of 3rd and then shut it down. i was bout 2.5 lenghts on him...trans was about 160*

2nd race.....ran a supercharged denali. i feather it untill i was bout 30mph and floored it. did the same as first race as for spinning actually spun more. i was about same distance or so in front of him. trans 190* ........both passes leaving around 1500 rpms and walking it slowly out of hole.

3rd race.... ran a 383 LT1 ss he had stickies of course me on 20s. i spun badly i was fishtailing down the track i finally stop spinning right before the 2-3 shift and then started to regain ground when it ended i was only about 2 cars if that behind him. trans was 155* on this run

each time i was crossing the mark around mid to high 90s. what i dont like is when the converter locks up i drop rpms. see tune was setup for 2800 stall and i tossed in a 3800 and im not sure if that has anything to do with it. but after it locks up it starts to gain again. which isnt bad but that loss rpms for that short period of time. will say truck is just strong as can be, but i noticed some rich cloud out the pipes so im sure there is room on the table for a dyno tune instead of a mail order tune. will say trans is sweet, no issues with it or not. so for the next event im going with slicks and then trying out the juice.

also this event was on an airport runway. they call it flashlight drags. its just like racing on the streets so there isnt not compound what so ever

overall im pleased with what it did for that amount of testing. just need to talk to my tuner and see whats up with the converter and maybe see a way of data logging the truck and then send him the info to do another tune

Originally Posted by Quik
LQ9 shortblock, 243 castings, 11.1 scr, 232/234 .595/.598 112lsa, ported tb, LS6 intake, fipk, 1 3/4 midlenghts, ORY, catback,fbody accessories,3800 stall,410s im probably forgetting some things at this time of hour. im not sure how dead on that is to 1/8. i heard its like 800' from what some ppl are saying..now real time slips will tell the true story, this was just to see a few things for myself, if i lost or won it didnt matter. i just wanted to see how it felt.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:55 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats man. Sounds like a great truck.

Coach
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, im thinking of hitting a real track on wed but no money yet for tires so i was thinking of doing it on the 20s

Quick Reply: made some passes