My 1st time out with the glide!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 08:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My 1st time out with the glide!

I swapped my A4 for a glide last week and hit the track for the 1st time this weekend...

For a T&T day, the track just plain nuts yesterday... I only got 3 passes in, so I had to make them count Basically we ran the car and then had to wait 1.5-2 hours in the lane...

Now on to the good stuff... on my 1st pass NA, I let of the gas when releasing the transbrake... This was after Wade told me about 100 times not to let off the gas when I release the transbrake! The car went 10.6@132 with a stellar 1.7 sixty foot! That was my best NA trap speed at TMP, so I knew a clean pass would give a decent ET... my next pass I was lined up with Claudio... he left me at the tree as I sat there reminding myself not to let off the gas The car went a new NA best of 10.3@132.8 1.53 sixty foot... I was really happy with this as the car is setup to run with nitrous! Here's the timeslip... DA at 1PM was ~1035FT...

As usual I had my buddy, crew chief, engine builder and personal test driver (Wade) do a safety pass to make sure the car was OK for me to drive He laid down a 9.40@144... by far the fastest the car has ever gone! Wade came back gave me the keys and told me it was my turn... after a 2 and a half hour wait I was at the line, at this point they had closed down one lane and my only focus was to make this decent pass as it was almost 5PM and I knew I would not get another run! The car left pretty hard and for some unexplainable reason I shifted gears before the shift light came on... it might be a combination of the hardest launch I ever felt and the fact that I was used to shifting so early with my previous tranny Aside from shifting early, the rest of the pass was clean... here's the slip... I was pretty happy with it, aside from having to listen to Wade give it to me about running slower than him in my own car... that's OK, cause he's getting me back for when I went 9.79 to his 9.80 when we 1st hard the car out... we are now tied 1-1

The only change we made to the car was swapping out my 700R4 and putting in a powerglide... my previous race weight without the bottle was 3300lbs, so I estimate that with the weight savings of the tranny I should be around 3300lbs with the bottle now... We played around with the nitrous jets, since the last outing but based on running the same trap speed we think ring kit that Wade was nice enough to piece together for me last year might have maxed out the smaller NOS solenoids (we are not using the bigger TNT solenoids the ring kit normally comes with)... so we have a little more 'tweaking' to do, but the car goes smooth like an arrow and we feel still has little more in her There is a bit more weight to be taken out and we have yet to change any suspension settings...

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for... the video!
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/427bird/942.wmv
Old 09-17-2006, 10:54 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lookin good!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:45 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great stuff. Congrats. A glide is a great mod.

Coach
Old 09-18-2006, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Nice passes Andre!! I'm sure it has more in it!!

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 09-18-2006, 09:23 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Nice passes Andre!! I'm sure it has more in it!!

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Thanks Lee... you might want to consider upgrading my profile on your webpage... on the main page it has me listed as running 10.2's and on my profile page it has my old 9.7 pass

I never got a chance to tell you that your alternator relocation bracket works like a champ... I think I have every piece you guys sell now
Old 09-18-2006, 04:11 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, always good to hear of another that has good glide experiences!

Hope she sees the 9.20-range soon!

Derek

Quick Reply: My 1st time out with the glide!