Awesome night at track, new bests, vids.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Awesome night at track, new bests, vids.

Went to the track last night and improved on all my bests. Previous best was a 14.2 (was there for a long time) and I nailed a 13.7 and then a 13.8. Videos of last night are the night runs at the end of the video in link.

2.1 60', 13.7 @ 105mph

13.7 is slow for my mods, but Pueblo Colorado is very high altitude. There are bolt-on F-bodies spraying a hundred shot that can't break 14's, even some with slicks. Stock Z06's rarely see high 13's either. Probably bad drivers but I'm very pleased (and surprised) at how well I did last night. I've been having problems this season but I think I've gotten everything out of it I can for now and am done for the year. Brought the launch RPM a bit higher (3000-3500) and you can see in the last video the BFG's dead hooked. Was running 20 psi and shifting like a madman. It's an awesome feeling when it goes right, especially all night. Only got 2 runs in due to people pissing coolant all over the track.

As everyone has been telling me in the past on here, practice, practice, practice, you'll get it.

Enjoy the vid!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t25LzVEh8Os
Old 06-24-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new times.

For you altitude, you did very well. See practice did pay off.

David
Old 06-24-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Congradulations on the new times, the DA ther must be horrible!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Chances are the DA was probably higher. The track itself is at 5000'. When I raced there last Wed the DA was 7700'.

Congrats on the times. Hitting a 13 up here is pretty damn good. Your trap is rather impressive also.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ~RedLineLs1~
Chances are the DA was probably higher. The track itself is at 5000'. When I raced there last Wed the DA was 7700'.

Congrats on the times. Hitting a 13 up here is pretty damn good. Your trap is rather impressive also.

Hey, your TA looks nice, just like mine. When do you run up there, never been there on a Wed. before.

I hear Wed. is the night to go.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

I almost always race on Wed nights. Besides the fact there is no track prep its a good time. Minimal amount of cars so you can get a lot of runs in.

Im assuming you raced at the Friday night drags? Looking at the video it looks like they let you run in the groove? I've had a few friends that have raced time-only on Friday nights and the staff wouldn't let them run in the groove even though they were running DRs. I wonder if they changed their policy...?

Our cars are very similar...I'm just running 17'' wheels on all four corners.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ~RedLineLs1~
I almost always race on Wed nights. Besides the fact there is no track prep its a good time. Minimal amount of cars so you can get a lot of runs in.

Im assuming you raced at the Friday night drags? Looking at the video it looks like they let you run in the groove? I've had a few friends that have raced time-only on Friday nights and the staff wouldn't let them run in the groove even though they were running DRs. I wonder if they changed their policy...?

Our cars are very similar...I'm just running 17'' wheels on all four corners.
I always go to Friday Night Drags. They wouldn't let me run in the groove once. I went back to tech and got the sticker, now it's never a problem.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Well I guess that explains why. I wasn't aware of the sticker. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next Friday night I attend.