World Street Nats Wrap Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default World Street Nats Wrap Up

This could have been an awsome event, it was the biggest turnout ever. There were more badass cars at this race then any event I have ever been to. Unfortunately the rain kicked us in the butt every day. We got thru almost all of 1st rd qualifying on Fri , then on Sat it rained all day. Started 2nd rd qual on Sat night , the track was not great but many cars made some good runs by the time 10.5 cars ran the track was pretty good. Heavy Street finished up at 2am and we were in the lanes ready to run Dragradial at 2:30AM but they called it until Sun morning.
Mike Brown made his best run of 7.91 in Dragradial 2nd rd qual on Sun only bettered by Shane Stack 7.89 (and Troy Perez 7.87 on Fri night). There were more good races in eliminations on Sun including a 6.45 @226 by Annette Summers and 6.51 @ 221 from Vinny Budano. Lynch ran a 6.99@ 207 in 10.5 then was outdone by both Gil Mobley cars 6.98@ 208 by Sexton and 6.98@ 204 by Ulch.
Steve Turley and Mike Brown both made some good passes (for track conditions) in 1st rd and in 2nd rd Steve had to run Troy Perez. Steve cut a better light then peddled and drove away as Troy lost traction bad and spun the car. The next pair Mike had to run a fast Mustang Chris Little , Mike cut a good tree and Chris did a 300' wheelie while Mike spun and did a great diving job and got the car to the finish line. The rain started after that and the race was called as of Monday morning. Here`s a video of Mike`s run against the Mustang http://ywnv.vidiac.com/video/09ce101...d501600d7e.htm
Old 10-30-2007, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nasty... i kno a guy who went down there to watch i wanna go to this event one year
Old 10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

i didnt go this year due to the rain. from teh sounds of it, many racers were upset at Carl and how it got shut down. it only made sense as it has not stoped raining.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

that is prolly the coolest drag racing racing event
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
i didnt go this year due to the rain. from teh sounds of it, many racers were upset at Carl and how it got shut down. it only made sense as it has not stoped raining.
The remaining racers were not mad that the race was called but about the way the payout was done. The winners and runner up were decided by the fastest 1st round runs instead of just splitting the pot with all the cars that had won 2nd round or had not yet run 2nd rd (which all of Pro Street , 10.5 tire and 6 dragradial cars had run 2nd rd) when the rain hit again Sunday night.
Everytime the Points races (Super Pro, Footbrake bracket races) get called due to rain or being too late in Orlando the purse is split between the remaining racers, thats the way it is done at every other track also.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:54 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will have some major nasty backlash due to the way the "winners" were determined. Splitting the purse amongest those left is IMHO the only way to go since plenty with bye-runs and such may choose not to beat up their rides, and therefore shouldn't be punished for that.

Derek
Old 10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
I ruin the end of films...

The hardest class to do a split would've been DR since they already started the 2nd round. If you split it between the winners in the 2nd and who had yet to run, inevitably, the 2nd round winners will feel that they're entitled to more since they won two races while everyone else won only one. The top qualifiers will also feel they should get more since they were the fastest cars in the field so far. There's no easy way to do it. The same problem happened to a big street race in STL in August.

I heard the 10.5 winner split his winnings with the rest of the field. Probably the best show of sportsmanship I've seen in outlaw racing.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

[quote=mongse;8043368
I heard the 10.5 winner split his winnings with the rest of the field. Probably the best show of sportsmanship I've seen in outlaw racing. [/quote]

That was pretty cool of the Gil Mobley team but then again they show up at every race with like $2 million worth of haulers, spare engines, trannys and the GTO and Camaro. Not like they need any more $$.

Quick Reply: World Street Nats Wrap Up