anyone run at Beech Bend saturday the 17th??? - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > RACING DEPARTMENT > Drag Racing Results
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Drag Racing Results Track Times | Records | Testing Info
Timeslip Database CLICK HERE


anyone run at Beech Bend saturday the 17th???

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
11 Second Club
 
5_02ls1's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 20
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,133
Default anyone run at Beech Bend saturday the 17th???

I rode down there with some friends saturday..."first time at a 1/4 track other than bristol...My brother in law broke his tranny 1st pass...his 1/8th mile e/t was .4 faster than his best evar at bristol...even though he never got the car in 4th gear he drifted through the traps .1 faster than his best at bristol.....

they really prep that track well....saw the wildest thing ever a 7 second rail with a cummins on it and a 9 second cummins4x4 truck... they were awseome...

also saw alot of very fast f bodies.....nice track but its a 4 hour drive....
__________________
98 Artic White trans am
mild H/C
TH350 3600 stall
alot of weight reduction
373s
5_02ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
kp
8 Second Club
 
kp's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 34
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_02ls1 View Post
I rode down there with some friends saturday..."first time at a 1/4 track other than bristol...My brother in law broke his tranny 1st pass...his 1/8th mile e/t was .4 faster than his best evar at bristol...even though he never got the car in 4th gear he drifted through the traps .1 faster than his best at bristol.....

they really prep that track well....saw the wildest thing ever a 7 second rail with a cummins on it and a 9 second cummins4x4 truck... they were awseome...

also saw alot of very fast f bodies.....nice track but its a 4 hour drive....
Well Bristol in the summer and BG in the fall are two different animals thats for sure BG is 500' above seal level and Bristol is 1700' plus the uphill grade. Prep is hit or miss this time of the year but they usually prep the last day pretty well, Bristol is 2 hours from me and BG is 3.5 but I still go to bowling green more often.
kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
9 Second Club
 
N2RACINGLS1's's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East, TN.
Posts: 1,096
Default

I did and had a great time except for having to wait for all the motocycles to run. The car ran great and we had a safe trip both ways what else can you ask for!!

I ran at Bristol in July and ran .60 faster at Bowling Saturday pick up 6 MPH as well.
N2RACINGLS1's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
On The Tree
 
AngryJ's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 1
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 112
Default

I didnt get there until 4:30 central time, but was able to hotlap 4 passes in the last 30 minutes before they closed. I was pretty happy with a 13.4 @ 109 stock considering the temp and tires i was running
__________________
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...angryjQSig.jpg

"It's not that I'm lazy ... it's that I just don't care."
-Peter Gibbons

2000 NBM T/A M6
AngryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
11 Second Club
 
5_02ls1's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 20
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp View Post
Well Bristol in the summer and BG in the fall are two different animals thats for sure BG is 500' above seal level and Bristol is 1700' plus the uphill grade. Prep is hit or miss this time of the year but they usually prep the last day pretty well, Bristol is 2 hours from me and BG is 3.5 but I still go to bowling green more often.
were you there???
there was a few guys said they saw your car but I walked around and never seen ya.....did see you at pinks though ....
__________________
98 Artic White trans am
mild H/C
TH350 3600 stall
alot of weight reduction
373s
5_02ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
11 Second Club
 
5_02ls1's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 20
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's View Post
I did and had a great time except for having to wait for all the motocycles to run. The car ran great and we had a safe trip both ways what else can you ask for!!

I ran at Bristol in July and ran .60 faster at Bowling Saturday pick up 6 MPH as well.
yeah there was alot of bikes lol
__________________
98 Artic White trans am
mild H/C
TH350 3600 stall
alot of weight reduction
373s
5_02ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
9 Second Club
 
N2RACINGLS1's's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East, TN.
Posts: 1,096
Default

The track was hooking pretty good until they started trying to run lanes 2&3 and then 4&5 alternating. That missed everything up. Still I managed a 1.459 60 foot!
N2RACINGLS1's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #8
DBN
8 Second Club
 
DBN's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 549
Default anyone run at Beech Bend saturday the 17th???

I ran at BG on the 17th. I was in the red C5 that ran 10.00-10.02. The track prep was pretty good but the atmospheric conditions were not as good as I would have liked. KP lives across town from me and is a friend. He was not there this past weekend but was there the week before.
DBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
kp
8 Second Club
 
kp's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 34
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_02ls1 View Post
were you there???
there was a few guys said they saw your car but I walked around and never seen ya.....did see you at pinks though ....
Wasnt there this last Saturday, was there the week before though. Last time I was there were four black TAs at the track, I need to put some flames on this thing or something
kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #10
9 Second Club
 
N2RACINGLS1's's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East, TN.
Posts: 1,096
Default

There was a 740 HP procharged 6 spd black TA there running 11.18's with bograts on it!
N2RACINGLS1's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #11
11 Second Club
 
matt94z's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 46
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Munfordville KY
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's View Post
There was a 740 HP procharged 6 spd black TA there running 11.18's with bograts on it!
If your talking about Bobby's car, he ended up going 10.68
__________________
94 Camaro 11.28@118 NA SPRAY COMING SOON!!
00 Camaro 12.52@112 M6 w/Bolton's and Street tires
matt94z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
TECH Regular
 
Brian @ KYTP's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 435
Default

He actually ran 10.60's.
Brian @ KYTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:59 AM   #13
9 Second Club
 
N2RACINGLS1's's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East, TN.
Posts: 1,096
Default

That Black TA sounded good going down the track that is for sure! I knew it could run! I figured somebody may have confused his car for KP since they are both black and have Bogarts on them!

That red vette was putting it down and movin on out it looked like it was on some kind of cable, last yellow light front end lift just a little and bye bye past 135 MPH.

People just looking around at each other when the 10.001 came on at the end of the track! Not bad for all engine!
N2RACINGLS1's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 PM   #14
11 Second Club
 
5_02ls1's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 20
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,133
Default

yeah i saw that black t/a i think its the one they thought was kp;s car....i saw the red vette run several times nice car"fast"....anyone know anything about the orange t/a
__________________
98 Artic White trans am
mild H/C
TH350 3600 stall
alot of weight reduction
373s
5_02ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #15
DBN
8 Second Club
 
DBN's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 549
Default anyone run at Beech Bend saturday the 17th???

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's View Post
That red vette was putting it down and movin on out it looked like it was on some kind of cable, last yellow light front end lift just a little and bye bye past 135 MPH.

People just looking around at each other when the 10.001 came on at the end of the track! Not bad for all engine!
Thanks for the compliments. I had hoped to get into the 9s N/A but I will have to wait a couple of weeks to do that. The cool thing is that I drive it on the street on a regualr basis, as it runs on 93 octane.
DBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #16
9 Second Club
 
N2RACINGLS1's's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East, TN.
Posts: 1,096
Default

From what I understand the orange TA was all engine, I think a 408 saw it run 11.11 at 125 not bad for all engine 6spd with wide tires on the front and 16" ET Streets on the back.
N2RACINGLS1's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #17
DBN
8 Second Club
 
DBN's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 549
Default anyone run at Beech Bend saturday the 17th???

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's View Post
From what I understand the orange TA was all engine, I think a 408 saw it run 11.11 at 125 not bad for all engine 6spd with wide tires on the front and 16" ET Streets on the back.
Yes, that orange WS6 was with us. His name is mark and he lives in the monterey area. He drove his car from there on ET Streets. I believe that the times that you listed are correct.
DBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #18
11 Second Club
 
5_02ls1's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 20
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,133
Default

yep that is the one ...very impressive car....
__________________
98 Artic White trans am
mild H/C
TH350 3600 stall
alot of weight reduction
373s
5_02ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
9 Second Club
 
N2RACINGLS1's's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East, TN.
Posts: 1,096
Default

What did you think about the blue ram air Formula running 10.85 N/A at 123.22 MPH with only 346 cubic inches under the hood?
N2RACINGLS1's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:23 AM   #20
DBN
8 Second Club
 
DBN's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 549
Default anyone run at Beech Bend saturday the 17th???

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's View Post
What did you think about the blue ram air Formula running 10.85 N/A at 123.22 MPH with only 346 cubic inches under the hood?
Well, my answer is a little biased since he (Jeff) is running my old engine that I ran in my C5 before I switched over to the 427. I think that the car runs great, especially since the engine combination is not that radical.
DBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply


Tags
beech, beechbend, bend, bristol, club, faster, ss, trailblazer


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details