Went to the track this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the track this weekend

Well this past Friday I took the SS to the dragstrip to see what kind of difference the 12 bolt and 4.30s made... All I can say is wow. If I would have been able to shift worth a damn i think I could have hit some high 11s, but the slave cylinder is leaking and as luck would have it, after the first run, the MC ran out of fluid and let air in the lines. Well this made the clutch act funny and I couldnt shift well AT ALL.

Anyway, on the first run I launched at around 3500 or so, which wasnt near high enough with the slicks... So it bogged just a tad and I missed 4th on the top end (dont ask me how, i have no clue) and ran a 12.4 @ 111mph. Ran three times and got better and better off the line each time, but since the clutch wasnt cooperating, times suffered because of my no drivin *** not bein able to shift. However, the 60ft times went from 1.78 on the first run to 1.70 on the last, and on the last run the guys said I pulled the driver front wheel up about 10 inches... Must have pulled both wheels up cuz on the last run the car jerked to the right as soon as I dumped the clutch.

The times I ran this weekend weren't near as fast as it will go, I just need to get the clutch ironed out and then I'm bettin on 11.8s or 11.9s, maybe faster if I can drive it worth a damn.