2002 Camaro SS W/lid, first time at track little river academy

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Camaro SS W/lid, first time at track little river academy

Alright well I posted the time slip, sorry my scanner kinda sucks. This particular run was with a new body style mustang gt He jumped me at first but I came powering by him and took the win

I ran a best of 13.7 @ 101.95 mph out of 8 different runs. I kept running consistant times though of about 13.8 at 101 mph, about 5 runs of this. I am a little dissapointed, but than again it was really hot and humid outside so I bet that affected it some. I am still on the stocker tires, and they have seen better days, so I was slipping every time I launched. I also had a full tank of gas.

Any tips for the future? does this sound about right? its an A4 with the only mod being an MTI lid with a high flow air filter.

It was fun all in all, I beat a g35 bad twice, a NBS mustang gt, an evo, and a chipped up ford diesel.

I got spanked by a cammed formula, and some hot drag car.

All in all a good night, thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails 2002 Camaro SS W/lid, first time at track little river academy-camaro-ss-time-slip.jpg  
Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking at your 60ft. time, you have a low 13 second car with the same weather if you can find some traction. Add in some better air and who knows. 13.0xs ? Good luck.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go to a higher stall torque converter and get some drag radials on a different set of rims so you can swap them at the track. It'll make a big difference hooking up and in your 1/4 times. If you don't want to do a converter a M/T street drag radial should be your 1st next thing to get.

Depends how serious you want to get. You could get a set of front and rear adjustable shocks, better anti roll bar, blower, nitrous, turbo or other motor parts. Going faster is just relative to how much money you want to put into the car.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:26 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Looking at your 60ft. time, you have a low 13 second car with the same weather if you can find some traction. Add in some better air and who knows. 13.0xs ? Good luck.
100% agreed. Trap speed is a little low but for the mods (or lack thereof ) the car has promise. Work on the launch and with a 2.0 60 foot (which can be done on non-drag radials) you have a mid-low 13 second car in good air.

Derek
Old 06-15-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea id say your a good 13.4ish range car. though the trap speed is low.

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro SS W/lid, first time at track little river academy