New results for my n2o LT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New results for my n2o LT1

Got out to Infineon to make my last two license passes (which have to be in the 9's to count) and got my stuff prepped. It was hot as ***** outside so I wasn't expecting great track surface but oh well.... I was test n tuning for Pinks All Out which is Fri/Sat of next week in Sonoma, CA....

First pass I wanted to footbrake the car to get a clean pass. I had to do a really weak burnout because my engine builder had just been thrown out for making too much noise on the db meter... so i didn't want to suffer the same fate. I put a little heat into the drag radials. Launched and completely smoked the tires thru first. shut it down and ran like 14.2@65. LOL

Second pass, no changes but to air pressure in the tires and put the front shocks at 2. This time did a WAAAAAY better burnout. they didn't bounce me for sound so I got on the t-brake and let her rip. dead hooked and the nose headed for the stratosphere.... crew chief said the back bumper was three inches from the ground when i shifted. Unfortunately I shifted into third instead of 2nd (TH400) and when the car came down I still had it floored but the car was very low on RPM (probably like 5000 or so).... I kept it in 3rd the whole run and hoped for the best...

60' 1.40 (back tires)
1/4 10.07@139.4 (sonofabitch)..... .07!?!?!?!!?

Third pass it smoked the tires after stiffening up the fronts.

60' 1.70
1/4 10.19@139.6

Fourth and final pass I did a good burnout, 13 psi in the MT DR's, 900psi in the bottle. Launched her and she pulled the wheels hard but didn't drive thru them like it did on the wheelie pass. She settled down, i grabbed 2nd, 3rd and ran it out the back door... knew i was on a good pass....

60' 1.47
1/4 9.79@139.8 mph (finally).....

So we got one pass outta the way. We know we still have alot left in the tune to get a few tenths out of it. We're pulling quite a bit of timing off the line and feeding it back in so it won't wheelie so hard. So assuming we get some travel limiters and we can come out ***** out i'm thinking it's got a 9.50 in it....

also this was on the smallest jets in my plate (150hp)......

a few pics of the car.....

Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good times congrats!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking ride and some good times man. Congrats
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! It can take a while to get things sorted out
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 AM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats! it will get there, ellis nailed it on the head! I am slowly creeping back up on my car, went 9.3 @ 149 over the weekend, with alot more tweaking to do! this was ramping things in very slowly on all 4 gears.

like great sex, you don't want to rush it...lol!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:55 AM
9 Second Club

yeah i'm taking baby steps.... my tuner hates me cause i got like OCD when it comes to the car..... always making sure of what the fuel curve looked like, what he wants this at, what he wants that at..... he probably wants to punch me when we're at the track...

but I figure it aint' doin too bad for a little 150 shot.... we're just scratching the surface.... Hey taner what size TOTAL shot are you running on that thing and how is it staged/delayed/progressed????? Just interested in what you're doing to keep it all INSIDE the engine....