Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 ta car running off at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 ta car running off at the track

I have a 01 trans am pretty much stock have headers an borla exhaust only mods done race at the track every weekend. low 13s my question an problem i have. that is drivin me crazy is that i can make 4 or 5 passes consistant then out of the blue it runs a tenth off i understand weather conditions an other things i raced for years mopars an bought this ta cause a couple of my friends have have ls1 cars an said they make good bracket cars for racing has anyone had this problem an an suggestions thanks.
chris
Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A tenth off isn't bad, but you need to give more info, Is all the 60' the same, what about mph? You need to find out where the car is loosing the tenth. Is it traction or power? If the 60' is worse, it prolly the track going away as it sometimes tends to do as the night gets cooler. Or if you loose mph then the car may be getting head since. Try leaving the hood up in the stagin lanes and don't let it idle a bunch. If there is a few friends with ya you can always push the car til it gets further up in the staging lanes.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its probably driver consistency. Is it an A4 or an m6?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
A tenth off isn't bad, but you need to give more info, Is all the 60' the same, what about mph? You need to find out where the car is loosing the tenth. Is it traction or power? If the 60' is worse, it prolly the track going away as it sometimes tends to do as the night gets cooler. Or if you loose mph then the car may be getting head since. Try leaving the hood up in the stagin lanes and don't let it idle a bunch. If there is a few friends with ya you can always push the car til it gets further up in the staging lanes.
a tenth off a my track equals a loss my 60ft is of 1 or 2 at most when it happens mph is the same whichshould only lose .5 at most by the numbers. just wondering if its the sensors or something else been racing along time an understand the weather an track conditions but if i make 4 passes in an hour 1/2 the forth is more likely to run off mine boggling an can't handle the fuel injection cars use to carb. thanks for your help
Old 05-04-2009, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by landonew
Its probably driver consistency. Is it an A4 or an m6?
automatic headers borla exhaust 160 thermostat mickey thompson drag radials 3.23 gear deep trans pan everthing else is stock. i leave it in 3rd when racing with track control off
Old 05-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Banned

Post your timeslip of one your regular runs and the one run .10 off.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris klein
a tenth off a my track equals a loss my 60ft is of 1 or 2 at most when it happens mph is the same whichshould only lose .5 at most by the numbers. just wondering if its the sensors or something else been racing along time an understand the weather an track conditions but if i make 4 passes in an hour 1/2 the forth is more likely to run off mine boggling an can't handle the fuel injection cars use to carb. thanks for your help
Is english your first language? Jesus....
Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Get HPTuners and there is a lot of little things you can do to make it deadly consistant. As long as I am hooking consistently, my car will run within 1-2 hundreths all night long.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ease-come.html

Here's a thread with some good advice
Old 05-05-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris klein
Sounds like your spinning post up your slips