Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATV vs Side by side

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default ATV vs Side by side

What do you guys perfer at the track? I need a new tow vehicle and the side by side looks interesting but at this point I'm wondering if the extra money is worth it.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:30 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't beat a gas golf cart. Has wheel & foot controls.
You can't believe how many intelligent people seem to have trouble with the hand controls??
Plus now you can actually find some really nice ones cheaper than ATV's.
I myself love a top, it get's hot in the car with our suits on. Plus they fit 4 adults safer than an ATV.
Yes you can't go mudding with them, but I'm too old for that crap anyway.

Good luck.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

phil, we've had scooters, pit bikes, 4 wheelers, golf carts and a yamaha rhino. The best by far is a ez-go (my fav.) or club car (have aluminum frame) golf cart. If your 3 people or more I would recommend a golf cart and a scooter(yamaha zuma being the best).

The rhino we had was just to big for a crowded race track and they eat up a ton of trailer space. The gas golf carts mentioned above have plenty of power to pull a heavy car.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The Golf cart is a good way to go IMO. Just have to make sure it's tuned up and running right. When they are running as they should there's plenty of power to pull a car, and carry anything you need. Plus, like stated 4 adults on one isn't a big deal, and I guarintee that you can get one WAY cheaper then a comparable side by side.

ATV is nice if you can use it when you're not at the track for hunting or whatever too, but if you're looking for something that's for track use only I wouldn't opt for the ATV unless you happen across a killer deal.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A new ATV would be my first choice since I really need somethign to put a small plow on. I've got 6 acres but only 3/4 to cut and my current tractor is big enough for the grass but not a plow.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you have multiple uses for the atv/etc, then I'd opt for what will do the largest # of tasks.

Sounds like you're in for a good sized 4wd atv then, with a toolbox rack on the back you can easily carry all the needed support stuff for the car, and the plow hookup for the winter will make it a worth while expendature.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by promod1955
phil, we've had scooters, pit bikes, 4 wheelers, golf carts and a yamaha rhino. The best by far is a ez-go (my fav.) or club car (have aluminum frame) golf cart. If your 3 people or more I would recommend a golf cart and a scooter(yamaha zuma being the best).

The rhino we had was just to big for a crowded race track and they eat up a ton of trailer space. The gas golf carts mentioned above have plenty of power to pull a heavy car.
That kind of sucks to hear that the Rhino was too big. I'm looking at getting a side by side for the kiddos, etc, and everyday 4 wheeling. I was hoping it would be a good little pit ride/tow vehicle

Well, I guess a golf cart would see plenty of golf course action. They can be had pretty cheap too.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the rhino is a lot of fun if you have a place to ride it. It will tear all your grass up in seconds if you try to ride it at your house. At least the tires we had on ours did. A golf cart is just the right size for the track.