Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some advice

Hey everyone, I'm going to be racing my 2002 Z28 tomorrow at the track and I need some advice. First off, the track is only an 1/8 mile . Second, my Z is bone stock aside from the air filter and all of the free mods. Last time I raced on an 1/8 I won first place, but I think it was mostly luck because I was hooking at the perfect time during each race, but I couldn't hook at all during the practice rounds. What would you guys recommend I do to get ready for tomorrow night? Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

A4 or M6?

What tires? What size?

What were your 60' times?

There are only 2 things you have to do PERFECTLY to win every single race.
Nail the RT and nail the ET.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sorry, it's an A4, with basic 16" tires. I have no clue, we didn't get timeslips :/. What's the ET or RT? Forgive my ignorance .
Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

1. set your tire pressures to ~25
2. drive around the water box, not through it and do a light burnout. Big smokey John Force burnouts won't help your street tires.
3. stage in the exact same spot each pass
4. when you're both staged look at your competitor and take a mental picture of where he is in relation to your car.
5. rev up to about 1000-1500 rpm and quickly roll into the throttle at launch.
6. when you get to the other end look at the other guy and make sure you're not going to cross the line way ahead of him. If you are slow down so you don't break out (outrun your dial in).

The most important thing to do tonight is be consistant (not fast). Do everything on your time trials the same every time. If you're slow, be consistantly slow. That way you have a good idea of what to use as your dial in. As the sun goes down traction will get worse so add a few hundredths to your dial in. If the temperature falls you'll go faster so take a few off your dial in. If you have time, check this out: http://www.staginglight.com/guide/index.html

If your RT (reaction time) is perfect and your ET (elapsed time) is the same as your dial in, you cant loose. Easier said than done of course.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Was the time slip printer broke last time you went or did you not know where to go?

The ticket booth is at the finish line at most tracks. Try to be the second car off the track on your fist time trial and follow the other guy to get your time slip.

The strip can be intimidating for new people, but racers for the most part are cool people. Be chatty in the pits and staging lanes (during time trials) and you'll learn a great deal.

Have fun and good luck! If it ain't fun you better be gettin' paid.