42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Question for cage guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Question for cage guys

Hello I need to get a cage for my car and I would like to keep the cost down.

So I found this on Summit website. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...98+4294865395+

-Has anyone used this?

-What do you guys think of it, do you think it will work?

-I will probable just gorilla glue it together so I can pass tech, especially the door bars so I can have my "swing outs"
Old 06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just buy an S and W Racecar kit..same price and probably less fabricating...and good luck on the gorillia glue
Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cbra-klla
Just buy an S and W Racecar kit..same price and probably less fabricating...and good luck on the gorillia glue
Thanks
Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 PM
9 Second Club

Always ways to save $$ on racecar stuff, used items, sales etc.
IMO and from listening to many other racers a cage is not the item to try and get a bargain on. A well done custom cage is well worth a few extra bucks.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

OH **** I seen your car in your sig and I have the new GMHTP next to me and said I have seen that car. I got the mag and looked at your article and sure ****'n it is you. NICE CAR BRO. DD nice. Right I seen what your saying, I was not going to use gorilla glue I was just making a joke. So a wolfe cage that is weld in vs. bolt in what is the difference. Define bolt in. Thanks
Old 06-10-2009, 07:21 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by blu byu EH
OH **** I seen your car in your sig and I have the new GMHTP next to me and said I have seen that car. I got the mag and looked at your article and sure ****'n it is you. NICE CAR BRO. DD nice. Right I seen what your saying, I was not going to use gorilla glue I was just making a joke. So a wolfe cage that is weld in vs. bolt in what is the difference. Define bolt in. Thanks
I did a photoshoot for GMHTP a few months ago but I wasn't aware that the article had come out yet. Can you post a pic of the car your talkin' about? I'll be at work all day and won't be able to stop to get a mag.

Bolt in just bolts to the floorpan and is pre welded so you can get it into the car and bolt it together but that's usually a rollbar, not a roll"cage"
rollbar refers to a 6pt and rollcage is usually a 10pt with a halo and downbars going thru the dash etc.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

i used the jegs one. if your gonna use MS then i dont see y not. mine went in pretty smooth just some cutting bending and welding. imo if your using MS its the best deal your gonna get but for a tighter fit you might want a wolfe or custom. nothin wrong with savin money and it should be cert'd no problem unless we fucked it up
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by blu byu EH
OH **** I seen your car in your sig and I have the new GMHTP next to me and said I have seen that car. I got the mag and looked at your article and sure ****'n it is you. NICE CAR BRO. DD nice.
So I found out that's the Aug edition, cool thanks for telling me.
I hope to get it in soon so I can see it.
They didn't call it a DD did they, lol. oh boy.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
Nice article!! Congrats on your accomplishments with the car.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

The real question to ask is, How fast do you plan on running? What is your ET goal this year, next year? Depending on what you plan on running you can get away with a bolt in 6pt wolfe unit which saves cost on having it welded in.

Sean
Old 06-10-2009, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

I did a photoshoot for GMHTP a few months ago but I wasn't aware that the article had come out yet. Can you post a pic of the car your talkin' about? I'll be at work all day and won't be able to stop to get a mag.

Bolt in just bolts to the floorpan and is pre welded so you can get it into the car and bolt it together but that's usually a rollbar, not a roll"cage"
rollbar refers to a 6pt and rollcage is usually a 10pt with a halo and downbars going thru the dash etc.
Awesome with GMHTP , I see the difference now. What you said makes senses now.

Originally Posted by z28rob18
i used the jegs one. if your gonna use MS then i dont see y not. mine went in pretty smooth just some cutting bending and welding. imo if your using MS its the best deal your gonna get but for a tighter fit you might want a wolfe or custom. nothin wrong with savin money and it should be cert'd no problem unless we fucked it up
Will how much weight do you really save with CM. The car is a weekend car or once a week too and from work. Its a full interior and weight.

Hell yeah they did, They told your pass setups and everything.

Originally Posted by ssracer8
Nice article!! Congrats on your accomplishments with the car.

Originally Posted by Broke EF
The real question to ask is, How fast do you plan on running? What is your ET goal this year, next year? Depending on what you plan on running you can get away with a bolt in 6pt wolfe unit which saves cost on having it welded in.

Sean

I should be in the 9's with a driver mod , (I just started drag racing a few weeks ago ). I still need to get the 5 pt seat belts and the jacket and stuff.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

cm saves you a bit there was a thread in here. and if your gonna be in the 9s your gonna need a 10pt to run. and if your goin 6pt and its a weekend car id by that cage. for the price you cant beat it and the part of the jegs cage that was hard to fit were the window piller bars