Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line Lock manual trans launching

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Line Lock manual trans launching

How do you guys with a line lock and a stick launch, or do you only use it for warming up the tires?

I just finished installing the SLP line lock which goes between the master cylinder and abs unit for the front brakes, you depress the brake toss the toggle then you can let off the brake and warm the rears...

I was thinking it would be great to hold you in the staging lanes though, get you some quick 60's due to reaction I bet.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulu
How do you guys with a line lock and a stick launch, or do you only use it for warming up the tires?

I just finished installing the SLP line lock which goes between the master cylinder and abs unit for the front brakes, you depress the brake toss the toggle then you can let off the brake and warm the rears...

I was thinking it would be great to hold you in the staging lanes though, get you some quick 60's due to reaction I bet.
If you can figure out how to use a line lock like that...

In all reality though, it's not possible.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by joblo1978

In all reality though, it's not possible.

I was thinking after heating up the tires you would stage then lock the lines, put it in gear and remove your foot from the clutch while gassing without the rears slipping since your only gassing a little, then left foot on the clutch readying for second, Light goes you flip the switch and hammer it.

Not sure what kind of stresses this would but on the driveline though.

Does anyone use a line lock to launch with a 6 speed?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

Yeah you can do it. That is what Pro Stock uses, a line lock and they have a stick (obviously).
Takes ALOT of practice using it like that. I just use my line lock for the burn out though. Do not use it for the launch.
Got to hold the line lock button, your clutch pedal down, foot on teh gas, watch the lights....and then release button clutch and mash gas all at teh same time...makes for ALOT of practice if you want to get good at it.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

what about wiring it into a monentary switch with a 2-step, and have a toggle for burnouts
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am learning to use mine. Its best to learn right where your clutch engages and that way you can load the rear end and wait for the release and release the button and clutch and give it throttle all at the same time. It takes alot of practice just like everything else in drag racing.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
what about wiring it into a monentary switch with a 2-step, and have a toggle for burnouts

X2 that's what I do!

Button on the shifter with the LL and 2 step wired to it. 2 step has a toggle between it and the button. I set the line lock do my burnout and pull forward. Turn on the 2 step toggle and pre stage. Lightly hit the brakes, just enough to hold the car and set the line lock again, now the LL and 2 step are activated. I then just use the clutch and gas to "bump" the car into the staging beam. Once the tree starts floor the gas and let off the button and clutch on the third yellow! It takes some practice but just becomes part of your routine after awhile.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

can't load the suspension like you can w/ an automatic. so i don't understand the point.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tee-boy
can't load the suspension like you can w/ an automatic. so i don't understand the point.
You can but the clutch won't like it. I do it in my truck to build boost on the line. That is a little different though and I don't see the point either for drag racing our cars.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Launching? I use a 2-step. Easy as hell. Line lock for tire heat only here.

Quick Reply: Line Lock manual trans launching