Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DA Strange Drag Shocks Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Default DA Strange Drag Shocks Issues

I am having some problems with my driver side shock. I got the shocks back in March and had them installed. The driver side shock doesn't rebound like the passenger side at all. I have both of the ***** turned to full rebound so they are suppose to come up (rebound) fast. It was suggested they was a piece of dirt stuck in the valve or something. I sent it back to strange and the said there was nothing wrong with the shock, and I have it back in the car and does the same thing it just doesnt rebound like the passenger side does. I am using a 275lb spring upfront. What should I do call strange see if I can get a new shock? Switch the the shocks around see if that changes it? I want the car to weight transfer but this shock is holding me back.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

switch sides.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having a similar problem with a front SA strange shock, what fixed your problem?

-Dustin-
Old 10-06-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
I'm having a similar problem with a front SA strange shock, what fixed your problem?

-Dustin-
What fixed the problem was getting rid of them. He sent them back to strange telling them the problem, they looked at them and said they were fine clearly they don't stand behind there products. He now has afco's problem solved!!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Wow, really? I mean mine are doing this right out of the box, I'll see what strange says when I call them.

-Dustin-
Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, really? I mean mine are doing this right out of the box, I'll see what strange says when I call them.

-Dustin-
Yea his were less the a year old and strange claims they were fine when clearly they weren't. As soon as he put the afco's in the car it weight transfered 100 times better. I wish you luck on getting them fixed cause I know he didn't have any!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"driver side shock doesn't rebound like the passenger side at all."

How did you determine this???
Old 10-07-2011, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

I stand on the shock tower and bounce. One side has free movement the other is stiff/barely moves. That's what I'm dealing with.

I called Strange, they told me to check for binding and switch shocks to opposite sides to isolate that the problem is in fact the shock and then to call back and possibly send it in to be checked out.

I'm going to dig into it this weekend.

-Dustin-
Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Question That test could..

I stand on the shock tower and bounce. One side has free movement the other is stiff/barely moves. That's what I'm dealing with.

I called Strange, they told me to check for binding and switch shocks to opposite sides to isolate that the problem is in fact the shock and then to call back and possibly send it in to be checked out.

I'm going to dig into it this weekend.

-Dustin-
could have other parts affecting the accuracy...
A. suspension bind.
B. spring mismatch.

An accurate way to test, would be use of a shock dyno. NE stock car racers around you? They may have such a tool. They may also have a spring tester bench.

If I was to send them back, I'd ask/pay Strange to dyno them, and provide you with a read out report.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Ya I was wondering if the A-arm bushing were binding somehow. Lot's of dirt track cars around, I'll start asking.

-Dustin-