Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need sugestions on a full race suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need sugestions on a full race suspension

I have decided to build my car from the back forward and need some good advice. What I'm doing is putting a full race suspension on my car first then building the motor so when I drop it in the car is ready. This car will see alot of track time along with normal street driving. I'm planing a stout motor build with nitrous. I would appreciate if you guys could give me specs of your race suspension and point me in the right direction of what REALLY works. I only want to do this once and do it right so your help is greatly appreciated. The only thing I have bought so far is tubular SFC's. I want / need some feedback before I go forward. Thanks!

Mike
Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how fast are you looking to go and whats your budget?

If your looking for strictly a track car heres a few suggestions:

for the front, get the new racecraft complete chromoly front clip. call racecraft or madman to get this. afco or strange double adjustable shocks.

for the rear, get a wolfe or madman torque arm. Good set of chromoly heim LCA's. strange or afco double adjustable shocks. a weld in anti roll bar like wolfe sells. Or the nice TRZ antiroll/panhard combo.

Thats a fairly good proven setup right there. You "could" drive this on the street, but its going to get old quick if your expecting a nice/quiet ride.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks this does help because I don't know what's all out there. I'm looking for low 10's / high 9's, thanks for any more help with the right suspension set-up.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

along with the suspension i would look at a midwest fab 9, moser m9, or strange s60, to hold the power.

You can get a whole chromoly rear suspension upgrade to help hook and keep the weight low. Madman builds the suspension for some of the baddest stock suspension f bodies out there.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give us a call. We can set you up with a package.

225-343-9029
Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We offer everything you would need. Give us a call to help you design the right package for you. We have many race proven setup to choose from.