Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give opinions on these shock settings.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Give opinions on these shock settings.

Fronts were set full loose on ext and full hard on compression.
The rear were set at full loose on ext and 4 clicks from full loose on comp.

This is a 6sp with a full slick. Seemed to work fairly well with just hazing the tires but I have seen that alot of guys are running the compression almost full soft in the rear with the ext almost full hard. I have yet to try this combo just trying to get some opinions. Not too worried about the fronts as much as the rear settings.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
Fronts were set full loose on ext and full hard on compression.
The rear were set at full loose on ext and 4 clicks from full loose on comp.

This is a 6sp with a full slick. Seemed to work fairly well with just hazing the tires but I have seen that alot of guys are running the compression almost full soft in the rear with the ext almost full hard. I have yet to try this combo just trying to get some opinions. Not too worried about the fronts as much as the rear settings.
Busa, Last track outing I got into the 1.6s and picked up the left front just a hair with these settings.
Front
c - 6
e - 2

Rear
c - 5
e - 2

Tighten the extension as the car starts to hook.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

With the settings stated above we got a 1.430 60' and wheels up in 1st and 2nd. That is why I wanted to ask the question on the rear ext/comp before trying it.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I wouldn't run the rear that soft on compression, that with the full loose on the nose is going to cause the car to "rock" backwards probably way too much.

I'm sure madman can reccommend better, but I'd start with the rear about even on compression/extension and start with it somewhat stiff, the front I don't know if full loose on extension is a good idea, I'd go about 1/2 tight on extension and full tight on compression (help stop the car from unloading) and see what that gets ya. Generally, if you can get the fronts about 8 to 10 inches off the ground and carry that for 40 to 60 feet that is how these cars seem to leave best, any more height in the nose only slows the car down, rear should be as stiff as you can get it in all directions, only soften if you have to for traction purposes.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Good info here....I'm still working on getting these Afcos where they need to be....Too many clicks here and there....
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I wouldn't run the rear that soft on compression, that with the full loose on the nose is going to cause the car to "rock" backwards probably way too much.

I'm sure madman can reccommend better, but I'd start with the rear about even on compression/extension and start with it somewhat stiff, the front I don't know if full loose on extension is a good idea, I'd go about 1/2 tight on extension and full tight on compression (help stop the car from unloading) and see what that gets ya. Generally, if you can get the fronts about 8 to 10 inches off the ground and carry that for 40 to 60 feet that is how these cars seem to leave best, any more height in the nose only slows the car down, rear should be as stiff as you can get it in all directions, only soften if you have to for traction purposes.
Right now the car comes up but comes right back down and then the 2nd gear shift brings them back up. The launch does haze the tires some not real bad but still. The car is a 6sp and with the tubes in the slicks I just don't want to hit the tires too hard. We are launching at 4k as well. I plan on running some tnt tomorrow night and I will try your settings to see what happens. Thank you for the great info.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
9 Second Club

tighten the rebound up on the front a good bit to keep the weight on the rear....u r pulling the front up too fast and unloading the rear it sounds like....my2 cents
Old 10-09-2009, 05:42 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6

Shawn,
These settings actually came from Madman but for my car which has 200 less rwhp than your car. I guess i should have thought about the hp difference before posting, just trying to get you a starting point.

Like Jason stated at the end of his post about softening up the suspension for traction purposes, well that's what Madman was helping me do. Both Madman and JL ws-6 (Jason) have been a tremendous help to me on getting my suspension right. Listen to these guys, they will get you on the right track. Good Luck
Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys.